Sign in to follow this  
ZachLW

Landing Lights Issue

I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue. It seems as though my landing light effects have reverted back to "default" style. I'm curious how to rectify this issue without re-installation of the NGX. It seems as though the issue showed up after adding a new livery, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll take a look after work if no one has any ideas. Untitled-4.png

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I still do not own this bird yet because I have spent my money on new hardware for it. However I have had this issue with another aircraft and and it turned out that REX had replaced my landing light textures even though I had made sure that said options were disabled in the option menu. Once I had restored the backup they were fine again. If you have REX give it a try. James

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

If you need a file that needs to be replaced from original let me know, I had this problem FSWC overwriting my wave files and no animation after that - looks like it could be the same kind of problem. James is probablly right.

Rich Sennett

Assuming REX has overwritten the landing light textures, how do you go about reverting them back to the PMDG originals? Phil Broadhurst

They will look different based upon the weather outside (i.e. visibility). Your screenshot is showing expected behavior.
In fair weather default? Usually they don't look this way with this weather. I'm at work now but I'll look around when I get home.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It has to do with visibility.I can reproduce this issue here, everytime visibility settings drop below 10mi.

Mauricio Brentano

It has to do with visibility.I can reproduce this issue here, everytime visibility settings drop below 10mi.
Thanks for looking into it. Do you mind checking the fair weather preset like I mentioned before? Fair weather, I thought, was well over 10nm visibility.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I actually experience this same sort of lighting in good weather - as in over 20 miles of visibility, clear night no clouds, precip, nothing. just regular summer night. My taxi lights end up illuminating more than the landing lights. if you put them on together its a much better effect.

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Assuming REX has overwritten the landing light textures, how do you go about reverting them back to the PMDG originals? Phil Broadhurst
Phil,The NGX does not use any landing light textures that REX could replace - our lights aren't textures, they're part of the model itself. All the lights on the plane are this way.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I actually experience this same sort of lighting in good weather - as in over 20 miles of visibility, clear night no clouds, precip, nothing. just regular summer night. My taxi lights end up illuminating more than the landing lights. if you put them on together its a much better effect.
Thanks! I'm not sure I like the effect, but if my install is healthy I'm okay with it.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks for looking into it. Do you mind checking the fair weather preset like I mentioned before? Fair weather, I thought, was well over 10nm visibility.
At default fair weather preset (wich depicts an unlimited visibility) it doesn't happens on my end.10nm seems to be the limit here, under this I got "default" washed lights, as observed.

Mauricio Brentano

No can't be REX, just noticed in the rain before Irene comes in that I also have the lights you have so it must be weather related, which is kind neat actually I think.

Rich Sennett

I noticed this once when selecting the landing lights individually, first clicking on the fixed lights, then the retractable lights. I then turned them all off, and then back on again using the bar above. The lights returned in full glory.