Sign in to follow this  
devadip

My New RYR B738

Hi Guys OK, in 'my world' I want to get myself a new Ryanair B738...... So, can anyone tell me what process a new B738 delivery to RYR would look like ? Would the a/c roll out in RYR colours at KBFI ? How many test flights would be made and what sort of duration / routing do these follow. How is delivery made ? Is the a/c flown direct from KBFI to Shannon or is it staged through several airfields before getting to the UK? When it arrives at Shannon what happens ? Do RYR do their own test flights or is it put straight into service ? Sorry if I sound a bit geeky asking all of this, I just want to do this as real life as possible, humour me .Money Eyes.gif Kind regards, Mark LindleyGrantham UK

I remember reading somewhere that they generally will do something like 2-3 test flights. Look for flights originating from KRNT in flightaware and you might find some test flight routes. Also they don't get rolled out at KBFI. The 737NG production line is next to KRNT (Renton Municipal Airport). I doubt the ferry flight is non-stop and probably has a fuel stop somewhere, Halifax perhaps? The procedure to get it into service probably varies by airline. However, I doubt they land it in Shannon, refuel, and having going on the next flight to EIDW or something like that. (Pure speculation on my part) EDIT: Actually prior to delivery the aircraft is in KBFI but the first rollout of the aircraft is a KRNT. The Production line is in Renton but fitting of cabins and painting is done at KBFI.

It is possible for Ryanair to have their standard livery done at the Renton facilty.I have seen some custom work done by Lufthansa at Shannon for them too.Notably the Guinness livery and the "" Bye Bye Easyjet " livery ( which got them into trouble with Easyjet......lol) Ryanair's headquarters are in Dublin not Shannon. Boeing are responsible for flight testing all of it's aircraft and have to receive FAA approval. I would imagine that you will find lots about this subject by doing a google search. I flew for Ryanair for 10 years or so.Big celebrations a few months ago when they received their 300th Boeing 737 800. Fred.

Thanks for the replies Seb and Fred. I was hoping you would pop up Fred )) As per the Shannon thing, as an a/c enthusiast in the UK it always seems, monitoring the forums, that the new RYR a/c seem to go to Shannon first ? I am aware Stansted is a major base having flown from there several times but I didnt know it was HQ. Your info is appreciated and I hope you don't mind more RYR questions as I am very interested in their MO. Kind Regards Mark LindleyGrantham, UK

Thanks for the replies Seb and Fred. I was hoping you would pop up Fred )) As per the Shannon thing, as an a/c enthusiast in the UK it always seems, monitoring the forums, that the new RYR a/c seem to go to Shannon first ? I am aware Stansted is a major base having flown from there several times but I didnt know it was HQ. Your info is appreciated and I hope you don't mind more RYR questions as I am very interested in their MO. Kind Regards Mark LindleyGrantham, UK
No problem Mark ! If I can help I will. Fred.

I thought their HQ was at Dublin? I know that Stansted is a main base for ops, and they've had a hangar there since last year. As for delivery flights, after the tests, they are delivered non-stop from KBFI to EIDW, over Hudson bay way, then back down to Ireland.

I thought their HQ was at Dublin? I know that Stansted is a main base for ops, and they've had a hangar there since last year. As for delivery flights, after the tests, they are delivered non-stop from KBFI to EIDW, over Hudson bay way, then back down to Ireland.
You are right ! My mistake. I meant to say main base. Yes Dublin is the Ryanair Headquarters. Thanks for pointing that out. Fred.

Found up a route, if anyone is interested:KBFI - EIDWSEA J503 YNY J527 YMM NCAD DARUB 6750N 6640N 6430N 6120N GOMUP UN572 GINGA UN570 DIMLI UP6 NELBO UP620 NIMAT Callsign depends on the reg e.g. EI-EFX: RYR800XEI-EFY: RYR800YEI-EFZ: RYR800Z

Wow, they manage that non-stop eh? I woulda thought they'd stop in Keflavik or something for gas.

Wow, they manage that non-stop eh? I woulda thought they'd stop in Keflavik or something for gas.
The luck of the Irish !!! LOL.gif

Long haul in a 737....that must be a long flight for the crew. I wonder which of them gets the honour of making dinnner.

Long haul in a 737....that must be a long flight for the crew. I wonder which of them gets the honour of making dinnner.
The one wearing a dress and high heels !! Drag Required !!! LOL.gif