Sign in to follow this  
centenaryman

Wanting to buy,,,,unsolved problems?

hi,,,wanting to expand abit in fsx and wanna try my hand with the 747,,,finally getting a system that should be able to handle it. reading through this forum i see a few things that i cant see a final answer for so i was wandering are they faults or bugs? the main things are is it compatable with active sky evolution,,,,does the weather prog cause problems in flight next i see a few posts asking about knobs that come ineffective ie on the efis the map/app button wont turn. and finally i see a strange 1 were as the aircraft shows its self as a minus altitude normally reported as -6000 or -7000 any info would be great Thanks Andy Heafield

hi,,,wanting to expand abit in fsx and wanna try my hand with the 747,,,finally getting a system that should be able to handle it. reading through this forum i see a few things that i cant see a final answer for so i was wandering are they faults or bugs? the main things are is it compatable with active sky evolution,,,,does the weather prog cause problems in flight next i see a few posts asking about knobs that come ineffective ie on the efis the map/app button wont turn. and finally i see a strange 1 were as the aircraft shows its self as a minus altitude normally reported as -6000 or -7000 any info would be great Thanks Andy Heafield
The QOS works just fine - I have had zero issues with it on long haul flights. I've never seen ineffective knobs, buttons, switches, whatever or a negative altitude. It's a very mature product and operates very well indeed. There is no wide screen panel for it, so I run windowed and adjust width to where the panel graphics are correct. That has no impact on frame rates on my systems. DJ

The 747 is the most stable program I've ever seem. Not once did it crash, in 2 years of operation. Amazing product. The frames might be a big heavy if you have a weaker rig. But if you're with the i7 2600k club, the 747 runs so well that, well it runs better than the NGX. (For some) Then you can get the 8i expansion which is gorgeous. (and adds about 10 fps!)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The issues with knobs are solved by resetting the views. SHFT_SPACE I think. (not at my PC watching the US Open) Yawn.gif I use REX 2 and there are no issues as long as you don't use time accel greater than 4x with active weather on.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png