Sign in to follow this  
jaycee1

Report indiats near hurriane conditions but sky is clear.

The report for KEWN shows near hurricane conditions. When I go to KEWN the sky is clear and no rain. What is happening here?

Hi, Did you give FSX/ASE enough time to depict the weather?

I've had the same problem, sorta. I flew out of ORF and it was raining with winds at 30kts and visibility at 1sm. At 1000ft it changed to clear skies with just a flew clouds. Very disappointing.

Same here, Flying to JFK active weather station teh one for the Harricane. Wind and Rain visible but no clouds despite metar giving OVC030 CB K51N giving 1SM BR OVC030CB BKN1000 OVC 150 Ihave visibility well above 1SM and few clouds.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Started a flight from upstate NY to MD via LaGuardia. Saw some but otherwise not as much rain as I should've seeing ASE's own radar map of Irene's presence along the NE coast this early Sunday AM.Presently sitting at a Salisbury MD airport, again supposedly in and surrounded by precip according to ASE radar (and actual weather). In the FS world, it's overcast but not a drop.And I can't believe when using ASE Wx Finder looking for rain with wind > 30 and a K prefix, I come up with 3: GON, ISP & MWN. (Never knew Mt. Washington had an airport - thanks for that at least).Changing those parameters to rain and less winds I get14 more. One of them is KPNE. I place the a/c there - not only no rain, it's sunny with white puffy cumulus clouds.I've had HiFi weather sirm versions for years and years now and usually found them reasonably accurate.I don't know if this is SP3 but I'm quite disappointed.

I'm also not satisfied with the hurricanes ... I got a nice "Irene" when flying over it from the south, but as I was flying over the centre of Irene it disappeared and I had the nicest weather.Visibility was endless despite my ASE setting of 40 sm I disabled despict hurricanes and restarted ASE and got my overcast and low visibility weather back ... ASE 647 ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All, I will fire up my FSX/ASE and move around in that area and I'll see what I get.

Yesterday I noticed some odd conditions. If I restarted ASE, these odd reports would go away but they would pop back up after an update. This is from KORF yesterday afternoon and many of the stations reporting similar things. It is the METAR translation given in the ASE map screen. Overcast @ -92,810 ftBroken @ -85,810 ftOvercast @ -80,810 ftBroken @ -75,810 ft Yes, you read that right - negative attitudes. Perhaps the clear skies are the result of the hurricane being depicted 80,000 ft BELOW sea level? When I flew in those areas, I got clear skies with very low pressure. In some cases, I found that I got better depiction with hurricanes off because there were are so many stations on line that were close together. If you repeat this in the Caribbean, you may get a different result because there are fewer stations and I would bet they are more prone to going off line. Still, I played with a lot of settings - I couldn't find one that provided consistent results. I was, however, able to get hurricane conditions on some flights that brought my computer to its knees. I also got two FSX crashes on approach to IAD. When I flew the same pattern without ASE, FSX didn't crash.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

All, Some of the data is very odd and ASE doesn't know what to do with it. Can't explain the crashes. I have a few too, with no error messages. But here are a few shots that were right on: KOXC: KJFK: KBOS:

Some of the data is very odd and ASE doesn't know what to do with it.
To be clear, those odd altitudes were not isolated. There were multiple stations reporting those conditions - at one point, every station in NC and VA that I checked had similar conditions. Even after restarting ASE and turning on/off hurricanes, I continued to receive those conditions periodically. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the actual METAR.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad