Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Wide screen with PMDG NGX

I just got a Packard Bell monitor which will run up to 1920x1080. Wow! It look fantastic. Both 2D and 3D cockpits. Just a few questions on this. Which is the is the best screen resoultion to use. I noticed that circles are slightly eliptical, when I set the montitor to 1920x1080? Also, do PMDG not want us to use the 2D panels? On final app you can not see the runway. Unless you go the 3D cockpit and make the PFD pop out, so that you can check that your speed is on the bug? I'm starting to like this bird alot. I'm still learning it but it is fab. I really enjoyed the last flight!rolleyes.gif

I just got a Packard Bell monitor which will run up to 1920x1080. Wow! It look fantastic. Both 2D and 3D cockpits. Just a few questions on this. Which is the is the best sreen resoultion to use. I noticed that circles are slightly eliptical. when I set the montitor to 1920x1080? Also, do PMDG not want us to use the 2D panels? On final app you can not see the runway. Unless you go the 3D cockpit and make the PFD pop out, so that you can check that your speed is on the bug? I'm starting to like this bird alot. I'm still learning it but it is fab. I really enjoyed the last flight!rolleyes.gif
The visability with the 2D panels is a well known FSX problem.It is the same with the default MSFS 737. PMDG recommend 1920X1080 on their website.

The visability with the 2D panels is a well known FSX problem.It is the same with the default MSFS 737.It was perfect in FS9.
Ah ok. I didn't realise this problem is FSX related generally.

Hey RYR738 How do You get the post that say I Love the NGX on the bottom Thanks? Ryan
Hey Ryan !! I made it myself in Photoshop.I then put it up on Photobucket and pasted the link to it on my signature page. Fred.

I just got a Packard Bell monitor which will run up to 1920x1080. Wow! It look fantastic. Both 2D and 3D cockpits. Just a few questions on this. Which is the is the best screen resoultion to use. I noticed that circles are slightly eliptical, when I set the montitor to 1920x1080? Also, do PMDG not want us to use the 2D panels? On final app you can not see the runway. Unless you go the 3D cockpit and make the PFD pop out, so that you can check that your speed is on the bug? I'm starting to like this bird alot. I'm still learning it but it is fab. I really enjoyed the last flight!rolleyes.gif
Make sure you have WideViewAspect=True set under [DISPLAY] in the fsx.cfg

Ah ok. I didn't realise this problem is FSX related generally.
Yes it is an FSX problem. You can raise your eye point using Shift + Enter and lower it with Shift + Backspace.This only works for me on the ground in Win 7 but also in the air with Vista.

Hey I saw some other people have the PMDG version can you tell me where to get it I want it for NGX and other plane from PMDG icon thanks for respond:) Ryan

I noticed that circles are slightly eliptical, when I set the montitor to 1920x1080?
Have you tried setting the following in the fsx.cfg file?... Look in the [Display] section and set the following... WideViewAspect=True I believe this tell FSX you are using a wide-screen display and should stop the eliptical effect you are experiencing?

Hey I saw some other people have the PMDG version can you tell me where to get it I want it for NGX and other plane from PMDG icon thanks for respond:) Ryan
You can just use their ones !! Click on it and you will see it's web address.Paste that into your Signature.

Can't you raise/lower the viewpoint in 2D as you could in fs9? I think it was either shift+enter/backspace or alt+enter/backspace. Never tried it in FSX so not sure.

You mean download it or some thing like that do you have the link to it for PMDG?
When you click on one you will see the link to it !!