Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Enb edit on the fly?

Hi all- Is there a way to edit enb on the fly as opposed to opening the .ini > save > restart FSX? Thanks,Mark

No. The .ini is loaded at FSX startup. Please only post topics regarding the PMDG NGX in these forums.

Hi all- Is there a way to edit enb on the fly as opposed to opening the .ini > save > restart FSX? Thanks,Mark
Hi Mark,Actually the answer is yes, you can edit the ENB.ini on the fly without without having to restart FSX, I do it all the time and its how I tune my colors.Here's the process.If your in full screen mode, go into windowed mode, open the ENB.ini and change your settings and save it, then go back into FSX in full screen mode and the changes will be applied. Depending on if you have UseEffect in the Global section turned on you may or may not have to hit F+12 again to turn it back on.You may also want to make a shortcut to your desktop for the ENB.ini for ease of use when tuning so you dont always have to open the FSX root folder to get to it.Anwyay, it's really the easiest way to do it rather than continually rebooting FSX when you make changes and doesn't cause any harm to do so.Regards,Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Mark, Actually the answer is yes, you can edit the ENB.ini on the fly without without having to restart FSX, I do it all the time and its how I tune my colors. Here's the process. If your in full screen mode, go into windowed mode, open the ENB.ini and change your settings and save it, then go back into FSX in full screen mode and the changes will be applied. Depending on if you have UseEffect in the Global section turned on you may or may not have to hit F+12 again to turn it back on. You may also want to make a shortcut to your desktop for the ENB.ini for ease of use when tuning so you dont always have to open the FSX root folder to get to it. Anwyay, it's really the easiest way to do it rather than continually rebooting FSX when you make changes and doesn't cause any harm to do so. Regards, Sean Campbell
Perfect Sean. I'm on my way to PHNL right now and have enb disconnected for this flight due to a crash prior to this one. Also, is there a way or a key sequence that will allow me to be in control of when I want enb to be engaged? When I go from full screen to windowed it will engage itself which I think was part of the problem on my flight prior to this one. It also starts engaged when I first start FSX upon which I have to shift/12 to remove it. I'd like it to stay in the background under all circumstances until I invoke it. Thanks,Mark

Hi Mark, Yes you can change a setting so that ENB doesn't automatically start when you enter a new flight. Change this setting near the top of the .ini file.[GLOBAL]UseEffect=0 <- Setting to 0 will give you full control of when it's on or off. Setting it to "1" will make it start automatically when a new flight loads.I used to keep mine set to "1" which was always to turn on automatically, but when I load the NGX and it goes thru the initialization it would cause the screen to flash. So I set it to 0(zero) and then manually turn it on once the a/c loads by hitting Shift+F12.Hope that helps.BTW, you might want to read the ENB developers website if you want to learn in depth what all the settings do and how they interact with each other. Some of the settings dont seem to have any baring in FSX since it was originally designed for a different game.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

but when I load the NGX and it goes thru the initialization it would cause the screen to flash Exactly my problem as well. Thanks for the help and I'll check out the site.