Sign in to follow this  
ERS11

Manual gear extension access hatch

Today i had a main landing gear failure and could not accesses the hatch. Is this not modeled for use? Eric,

There is a manual extension keybind you have to use instead, I can't remember it off the top of my head.

From a thread a long time ago, I gathered that even the FSX binded ctrl G doesnt extend the gear because NGX didnt simulate manual gear extension. So if hydraulics are gone, you got to land on belly. I could be wrong though.Marcus Jian

I had a failure on my first flight. pressed Shift G, checked in the controls, and it didn't work. I tried everything and ended up making a belly landing.

Strange. This hatch was modeled on the MD-11. Hard to believe it's not on this masterpiece.PMDG?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Strange. This hatch was modeled on the MD-11. Hard to believe it's not on this masterpiece.PMDG?
They've already commented in another thread of the same subject. I'll find it for ya' and post,

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

thanks zach, does anyone know if this is explained in the manual other then the QRH 14.8-14.21? Eric,

There's a click spot on the hatch. Click it for a few seconds.

move your eyepoint?

So you managed to get manual gear extension to work? Im not sure if the hatch you referred to is the one I found (below fire extinguisher) but it doesnt seem to have a click spot for me. mmmmMarcusJian

So you managed to get manual gear extension to work? Im not sure if the hatch you referred to is the one I found (below fire extinguisher) but it doesnt seem to have a click spot for me. mmmmMarcusJian
I haven't ever needed to use it but this was brought up before and it was said that there was a click spot on the hatch that you click for a while. A few people confirmed it

the hatch seems to be part of the vc image. no clickspot for me neither.@ ngx: Do you mean that clicking on it will manually lower the gear or can you actually open it?jos denIs

Clicking on it will manually lower the gear