Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Saving Key Commands

After I defined key commands through the CDU, I was expecting the definitions to be there the next time I started FSX (assuming Key Commands is a global option within the NGX). However, they were not saved between FSX sessions. I then saved the panel after defining the Key Commands and again they were not there from one FSX session to the next even after loading the panel I had saved. Is there any special saving that needs to be done ? I thought defining the Key Command and then EXEC in the CDU would do a save. Please let me know if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Does anyone know in which file the key command assignments/changes are saved ? If would like to see if I can troubleshoot this myself. Thanks,Zach

zachlog

it should saved them for me make sure you running FSX as admin

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Does anyone know in which file the key command assignments/changes are saved ? If would like to see if I can troubleshoot this myself. Thanks,Zach
The problem apparently was not saving but rather displaying. After I had changed several key commands, I could not see the changes in the CDU so I thought they had not saved. Today had some time for FSX and the changes I had made are there. Don't know why they were not visible in the CDU the last time. Now I have another question. When I assign a key stroke to BARO STD, it performs the BARO IN/HPA function. The BARO IN/HPA function is working as expected with Key Commands. Has anyone else had this problem ? Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Its probably saved under FSX/PMDG/PMDG737ngx/ shortcuts Marcusjian
Actually, it's at FSX\PMDG\737NGX_SHORTCUTS.INI...........but per my prior note, I had solved this problem. Now I have a different question (BARO). Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Hmm, std works for me. randomly assigned it to '.' But I noticed a few keycommands not working as intended. I forgot most of them but one is the bank angle increase decrease. Doesnt move it at all. Not sure if you got the same problem as me. Marcus Jian

Hmm, std works for me. randomly assigned it to '.' But I noticed a few keycommands not working as intended. I forgot most of them but one is the bank angle increase decrease. Doesnt move it at all. Not sure if you got the same problem as me. Marcus Jian
Possibly the same problem but will live with it for now....have bigger fish to fry ! Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Had the time to finally work on this and try to define the problem. Here are the inconsistencies I am observing. If others are seeing the same, please let me know, if not c'est la vie.
BARO (IN/HPA) and BARO STD- When I assign a key command to either one in the CDU/KEY COMMANDS, typing the assigned key command always executes BARO (IN/HPA). Confirmed this is the case by assigning the same keystrokes to both functions (one at a time).
BARO INC and BARO DEC- I am able to assign and save successfully key strokes for both functions, and both work afterwards. When I exit FSX and and restart at a later time, the keystrokes I had saved are not there. I have a couple of dozen keystrokes saved, this problem occurs only with the "BARO" functions...these two and the two above. Zach

zachlog