Hello, OK, I don't care what you say, "oh no you shouldn't waste your money on an SSD for SRT", its what I am doing. It will help speed up the overall system performance, I am not looking to really improve FSX. Since I have to go down to PCCG I would like it to be from here if possible.http://www.pccasegear.com/What I am looking at is weather it'll matter getting a SATA II or SATA III for the SRT. Its only really there for caching and SATA II is still pretty quick. However I am also considering selling my RAM and getting these instead of the SSD:http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16934What would give me more performance boost overall?Anyone wondering, I will be getting this screen.http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17297Thanks for any suggestion, Regards,

been playing some Crysis 2 fully maxed out, nothing below max, I get a solid 60FPS, LOCKED! I wish EA would do MS Flight, might actually be worth putting on a PC. I am still having trouble using 4 cores. When I see the task manager, core 2 (1) seems to be doing most of the work while the others are slacking off at about 20%, lazy buggers. Afinity Mask is set to 14.

Monitor looks good. That'll be a good upgrade by itself. Personally I'm going to recommend the RAM over the SRT. But wait and see what other guys say first.Edit: I'd rather EA didn't make flight. All there games are ported from console to PC that's why they run so good.

I just can't believe how well Crysis 2 runs. It is supposed to be one of the highest detail gamoes out there and yet I am getting max FPS with a pretty modest system, whats the point in SLI, 990X?

Like I said. It was made for console then ported to PC. If they had made it for PC, it would've had even better graphics.

The graphics are stunning regardless of which platform, can't imagine how they could be better. So what, should they make FSX for PS3? I only bought it so I could gauge how good the PC actuall was, got it for $30 and I thought it might be a little fun. Should save for more hardware.

No. FSX is PC based. No console has the power to run FSX. Crysis 2 was made at the max each console could handle. It is the limit of console graphics.

Yes ut I wonder what it would be like if it was made for an X Box is what I was trying to say. Anyway, back to topic, SSD or RAM.

Probably be better optimized than it is now hahaha

What was your current resolution again Andrew? For what I've heard about Crysis 2, it won't be the same in that 24'' monitor

Oh, I actually have been borrowing my brother's monitor. Its a 22" BenQ and l have had Crysis at 1920x1080.

OK, here is what it is looking like now. I have actually decided to save a bit on the monitor cos with my bro's screen, I can see that 24" will be very big. So I just decided to downsize but with that comes a increase in response time. It is 5ms which is still not too bad:http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/vs247h-asus-vs247h-black-p-52912.html?sort=2aEnds up saving me a valuble $30 which I will put towards a pair of these the way the drift is going:http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/12800cl8d-8gbxm-gskill-ddr3-2x4gb-128001600-12800cl8d-8gbxm-p-53073.html?sort=2aI have $205 sitting at home with about $50 arriving soon. The rest of the cash is supposed to some from the old machine which is going on eBay soon. E46008400GS2 DVD DrivesGA-P31-S3GMid tower case420W PSU2GB RAM Only problem is, yes, there is no HDD and no OS and we think the PSU is broken. I asked in the PMDG forum but I will ask here, what do you think this is worth as a parts only system. It was refurbished in 2007.

$200-300?

Really?Shocked.gif I need more opinions on this. Remember it is not working and was built originally in 2004, refurbished with new GPU, CPU in 2007. I have been thinking more along the lines of $120 but my Dad and bro say no way.