Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Sound anomoly with second monitor

I'm hoping this is something easy to rectify. I run FSX on a widescreen 24" monitor and have a smaller 15" monitor that I place instruments, flightplans etc. In the case of the PMDG I find the obvious place to put the CDU is on this monitor. However, when I do this and click on any of the CDU buttons, then some of the sound disappears on the main monitor?? Not all sound, but most of the main sound. There may be a few instruments whirring away somewhere, but the main bulk of the atmospheric sound disappears until I click back on the main monitor. Can anyone offer some help. Cheers fellas....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

That's a FSX issue. If you're running windowed mode, when you click off of FSX onto another window, it's seen that FSX is minimized (when really it's not) so it hides the sound. It's the same with any game

That's a FSX issue. If you're running windowed mode, when you click off of FSX onto another window, it's seen that FSX is minimized (when really it's not) so it hides the sound. It's the same with any game
Mmm, thanks. It's more or less what I have experienced with other addons but not to the extent that I do with the PMDG.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The reason it's more with the NGX is the way the sounds are setup. I'm going to assume the only sound you hear is the same as when the AC initializes?

no, the fact that the original instrument diseapear on the main panel depend on the way the developper write the gauge and the sound issue is a problem with the 737 ngx that should be fixed in the first update (i've send a ticket to the support for this problem). For example this work fine the the 747pmdg (but the original gauge is black on the main panel when detached except for the FMS )

HiHave you installed Hotfix3? I had that problem and it was cured after I installed Hotfix 3.

That's normal. When you detach a panel (such as bring up the larger ND) it switches the one in the panel off, because there's no point having both on showing the same thing. That's normal in all PMDG's aircraft. The sound is also normal