Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

Which sound files belong to which sound categories?

FS2004 (and FSX) has the possibility to adjust the volume of the sounds of a number of categories. But which sound files belong to which category? Is a list available? Engine sounds are rather clear, but what sounds are cockpit sounds and to which category belong the sound files "gear up" and "flaps"? Hans HartveltThe Netherlands

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Not sure if this answers your question precisely but what I've just got is FlightDeck Sound Effects Panel with cockpit and cabin sounds.The files location is in a dedicated folder /[FS9]/Sound/FDSFX. There I've got TurbulenceON.mp3, TurbulenceOFF.mp3, BoardingMuzak.mp3 etc. Default GearUp and Flaps sounds are in /[FS9]/Sound/, while aircraft specific (by PMDG in my case) reside in /[FS9]/Sound/PMDG/MD-11/, /[FS9]/Sound/PMDG/747400/ and alike. Hope it might help.Cheers!

I am sorry, but what I want to know is the volume of which sound files are effected when I move the volume slider of cockpit sounds, environment sounds etc. I know where all the sound files are located, but thank you for answering anyway.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

I don't know if it will answer your question, but there is info for the sound.cfg in the Aircraft Container SDK which you can download here- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555857 You might also look in the library for sound pacs and try contacting the author(s) with your questions. Also check fsdeveloper.com for info. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

HI Hans, I understand what you are asking but I think the list might be a long one. 'Engine' and 'ATC' are obvious. 'Cockpit' and 'Environment' are not... as you've discovered. If nobody has a list already made you could try a test flight with all the sliders set to zero, then turn just one of them on and see which sounds come back. Regards,Dave

Hello Joe and Dave, Thank you both very much for thinking with me. The SDK document does not answer my questions and concentrates on engine sounds, but is nevertheless very useful because it gives an insight how some sounds are used in FS2004 (and probably in FSX). Dave is of course right that when the list does not exist, I will have to use the old trial and error method to find out which sound files belong to which category.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg