Sign in to follow this  
Venaxis

Brakes / taxing sounds for FSX.

Hey, Im looking for a soundpack or standalone mod for FSX. One of the mods im looking for, is a brake sound mod for EVERY plane. In the past i was using few addons and one of them added the sound... The second mod is taxing sound mod. Im interested the sound, wich you can hear in the cabin while taxing or taking off.. Hope you guys can help. CheersVen

For the brakes sound the Ground Handling Gauge by Rob Barendregt has this, also push back with voices, taxi gauge ect. A brilliant add on, and free! rcbgh-50.zip

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Guest firehawk44

I use 3D Real Cockpit Effects for those sounds, especially taxiing and on the runways. It has the capability of making a lot of squealing and cabin shaking noises. Sometimes I think my aircraft is falling apart! Don't know how realistic they are though. Best regards,Jim

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been looking for a way to add brake sounds to my a/c for quite a while. The GroundHandling gauge looked like a good option, but I just installed it and FSX just hangs on the splash screen. OK again once I removed GH. Does 3D Cockpit Effects include brake sounds ?

I also have 3D Real Cockpit Effects and it does a nice job. It does appear to have one disadvantage however, if you use multiple monitors and use them in "windowed" mode, it will only display the effects on a single monitor. Haven't found a way to overcome this phenomenon yet. Other than that, it seems to work fine. I have not noticed evident brake sounds either. John

Guest firehawk44
Does 3D Cockpit Effects include brake sounds ?
No. It simulates the roll, cloud turbulence, wind turbulence, spoiler/flaps, engines vibration, touchdown, and roll sound volume effects. But I would think the developers would at the brake effect if you ask for it. Best regards,Jim

Guest bstolle

In over 30 years I haven't piloted a single plane where I could 'hear' the brakes. Neither from a glider nor from a heavy airliner, so I'm not sure if this a neccessary or very realistic item at all.

Ahhh my friend bstolle, I can tell you haven't yet had the thrill of piloting a venerable beast that's been 'round the horn' a few times and is currently residing in the hot, sandy midlands of South Carolina ( shall we say Camden?) where the grit and sand just simply seems to blow into every nook and cranny. Every now an then it just kinda gives you the "willies" listening to the odd squeal and knowing its time to "hose em down again"! John

In over 30 years I haven't piloted a single plane where I could 'hear' the brakes. Neither from a glider nor from a heavy airliner, so I'm not sure if this a neccessary or very realistic item at all.
I'm sure you're right, but I wonder if your experience includes WW2 bombers (which I fly in FSX). I've flown in some of them for real, and on some you certainly can hear the air as the brakes come on/off.

Bernt - you need a ride in an old DH Vampire.......

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.