Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

PMDG QRH with color option

Has anyone bought this for the NGX? Your thoughts as to whether the upgrade to color (not concerned about the extra cost) ehances usability of the manual. I would really like to see a couple of pages with and without the color enhancement.Many thanks,Dave

I'd like to breathe some new life into this one. From what I can find from the searches this has been brought up twice, but no one has answered yet. Has anyone gotton the color upgrade on the QRH? If they have, is it worth getting?

Milton Kuser - KDFW

I opted for the color upgrade and IMO it is worth it for the simple fact that color on the headings etc make it easier to identify the topics/headings and relating info.

I would suggest: open up the QRH PDF that came with the NGX - you see what will be printed in color. I'd expect it is the same version as the printed one?I for one do not miss the color in the printed version (and the additional cost that would have come with it).

I went with the color version and I'm glad I did. As noted, the version that comes with the aircraft looks the same as my QRH.Take a look at, say, page 7.12, where there are icons of the warning lights you would see. I suggest printing them in black and white and then in color on your nearest handy color printer and deciding whether it's worth the cost.Your mileage may vary, but for me, since it's the only manual I wanted to buy, the extra cost was worth it.

Has anyone bought this for the NGX? Your thoughts as to whether the upgrade to color (not concerned about the extra cost) ehances usability of the manual. I would really like to see a couple of pages with and without the color enhancement.Many thanks,Dave
Dave, as I suggested above, you already have them. Just print a color sample and B&W sample and then decide.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Okay, thanks for the information guys. I was just about to buy the NGX and was looking at getting the captain's set of manuals with it. I'll take a look once I have the PDFs and then make a decision.

Milton Kuser - KDFW

Okay, thanks for the information guys. I was just about to buy the NGX and was looking at getting the captain's set of manuals with it. I'll take a look once I have the PDFs and then make a decision.
I didn't realize you didn't have the NGX yet. For sure, start there, and check out the .pdf manuals that come with it.Last summer, someone calculated their cost at printing and binding the .pdf files plus some nominal value for their time. It was not cheap, adn they used their own color printer. Going with the professionally printed ones seems expensive at first, but it's generally good value. In addition to my purchased QRH, I've printed out several chapters of the FCOM so I can make notes on them. While I'm glad I did, it convinced me that purchasing the pre-printed was preferable.Enjoy your new toy(s).

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Yeah, I printed my own copies for the MD-11X and the 744X. It does add up - to say nothing of the wear and tear on your own equipment. That is why I was looking into purchasing this go around. You have to love the quality of the PMDG manuals!

Milton Kuser - KDFW