Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

Performance issues... anomalies?

After completing over a couple dozen test flights I have noticed several recurring inconsistencies from RW flight. The five most prevalent are: 1. Using HDG SELECT (with HDG DISPLAY selected in the setup options) AP follows a wind corrected "track" instead of the exact "heading" selected. 2. On miss-approach go-around the throttles correctly power-up to GA setting, APP mode and AP correctly disengage, and aircraft levels off and then pitches up correctly to maintain selected airspeed. So far, so good. BUT it then suddenly reduces power and without pilot intervention begins to descend instead of continuing to climb to miss altitude that has been input. 3. TCAS oftentimes not displaying aircraft that are within range and within options-selected separation altitude. Other times the aircraft are displayed but TCAS fails to display relative altiudes. Pressing the TCAS test button temporarily restores to correct function but within minutes it becomes again disfunctional. 4. If I manually construct a miss or approach procedure in the FMC that involves a Hold, the plane will fly the hold but on the wrong side and in the reverse direction! It correctly flies published holds, however. 5. FMC does not allow manual input of conditional waypoints. And unamed waypoints (based on location) can be input but cannot be referrenced to construct additional related waypoints. Example: a waypoint input by Lat/Lon will appear as WPT 1, but selected it back into the scratchpad displays the Lat/Lon again instead of "WPT 1" Many times a route must be constructed that is determined by a direction (and/or distance) from a navaid or waypoint not available in the NGX database. The waypoint can be constructed using the Lat/Lon method but NGX FMC will not allow a futher waypoint to be constructed using it as a referrence.

It would be nice to get some feedback from NGX on these matters. Could be others have had these same issues. Seems unlikely that they are real life quirks of the B737 NG.

I seem to have the issue of losing my TCAS completely,after climbing out in TA only,when the system is supposed to switch to TARA above 1000 feet.I always have to hit the traffic button on my EFIS control panel to get the annunciation back on my ND.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I believe, that point 1 was fixed by recent hotfixes. Because previously I noticed that hdg sel starts to follow track after LNAV engagement. Alright for me now. You got hotfixes installed? if you already have, then maybe its not fixed completely.. Marcus Jian