Sign in to follow this  
Chemanuel

Fatal crash

Got the plane yesterday, everything working fine, with the exception of panel freezes with new liveries. With default livery everything was fine. Follow advice in the forum to change the file properties. remove the read only attribute.End of my fun...I got a fatal crash everytime I start the sim. Of course this is solve easily by just deleting the start up situation which I did. The sim works ok.. If I select the plane..again the crash...I uninstall it completely and re-install it again... Didn't ask for activation?...weird and still get the same crash... How can I re-install this and re-activate and get my plane working again? Do I need to delete a license file or something?

The license remains on the computer so you don't use up all your available activations by reinstalling

Update: Contrary to popular believe starting the sim with any other plane solved the problem for a moment. I discover that only the 800 wl was afected. othe models were coming up. The issue went away after re-installing a couple of liveries!

I also started getting major CTD's after using the livery manager (1.05). Submitted ticket

Jose De Campos

London

Wow this is weird, the planes were working perfectly until now. I just downloaded the Caribbean Airlines livery...Kaput..Fatal crash again.. I just deleted the situation will try again as before starting with another plane. I uninstall it, still the fatal crash. Before it worked by starting with any other plane and then switching to the pmdg NGX.

Yes it worked like this...start the sim with another situation or go to your fsx cfg file and lete the start up situation..leave it blank. Sim will start with a default, bypassing the pmdg. Load any flight with any other plane...after that load the NGX BUT the default PMDG livery...it will come up....after that then select american airlines or any other if you have them installed. It will come up without thwe crash. Therefore thers got to be a problem with the livery manager of some sort. My installed liveries were working perfect until I installed the Caribbean airlines one. see ya...plane is waiting... :)

After all these fatal crashes, even though I can bring the plane to fly with the aforemention method, I realised that my add on tab in my FSX is gone. Please don't tell me to do a fresh install fof FSX... My sim was perfect before the installation of this PMDG add on. And no add on should damage an FSX installation anybody any Idea how to bring that tab?. My add ons are gone including the FSUIPC menus...and the problem is I really like this plane :)

After all these fatal crashes, even though I can bring the plane to fly with the aforemention method, I realised that my add on tab in my FSX is gone. Please don't tell me to do a fresh install fof FSX... My sim was perfect before the installation of this PMDG add on. And no add on should damage an FSX installation anybody any Idea how to bring that tab?. My add ons are gone including the FSUIPC menus...and the problem is I really like this plane :)
could be a dll.XML corruption

I have a similar fatal crash, at the moment I can't even load any of the 737 ngx without a CTD. It happened after instaling a livery, I do have the latest updates.I've submited a ticket, waiting for solution. This is the error details I getProblem signature:Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4a3aefException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 00154c6bOS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem:LCID: 2057

Jose De Campos

London

De Campos the same thing happened exactly to me... uninstall the liveries.... go to your fsx.cfg and delete the start up situation...leave it blank..the sim will start with the default.... Re-install a livery.. start the sim with any other plane.....now try to load the pmdg 800 default first... This worked for me...I even start now another livery BUT after I start with another plane...my add ons tab is also gone! but the sim and the plane are working...