Sign in to follow this  
Blades

Settings For SS

I know every one has a different system set up and graphics...but what is a good general rule of thumb to get the most out of this fantastic product ? Settings for graphics, aircraft etc. Thanks. Blades

I know every one has a different system set up and graphics...but what is a good general rule of thumb to get the most out of this fantastic product ? Settings for graphics, aircraft etc. Thanks. Blades
You will find the recommended setting here. http://www.avsim.com/pages/0711/SimSavvy/USA.html Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thank you...I am going to experiment with these settings. Will post my results. Blades

Hi Blade, I push all the settings all the way to the right. Doesn't affect the FPS. I'm running a i7 chip, so each system will perform differently. Rick

hi, I don't think that specific settings are really necessary. The only thing that I do is to set the zoom at 0.3 and move forward my virtual seat to read the instruments. It sharpens the scenery and gives a field of you close to reality. Try it.
You can change the line in the fsx.cfg file from 4.5 or whatever you are using to maybe 6.5 for the Level of detail radius. This makes for a sharper image further from the cockpit or plane. You will notice this change for sure. Ray

hi, what is the trade off for this setting? Thank you
If using an i5 or i7, the trade off seems to be almost nill when using photoscenery.

I'm starting to notice a difference with the settings on the 1 meter (50cm) scenery.I installed to an older notebook and had to bump up the notebook resolution to get a good clear image.i7 has proven to be 3 to 10 times faster on all of my operations and it multi-tasks up to 6 things at a time.The USB 3.0 cut my load times in half as well as my file copy time which is reduced to 2.5 hrs from 5.As I finish the new 1 meter I wonder how many will load and if I'll reach a limit before I get to the 2T final.Fortunately, I can always declare Texas to be another country and make space that way :)

I'm starting to notice a difference with the settings on the 1 meter (50cm) scenery.I installed to an older notebook and had to bump up the notebook resolution to get a good clear image.i7 has proven to be 3 to 10 times faster on all of my operations and it multi-tasks up to 6 things at a time.The USB 3.0 cut my load times in half as well as my file copy time which is reduced to 2.5 hrs from 5.As I finish the new 1 meter I wonder how many will load and if I'll reach a limit before I get to the 2T final.Fortunately, I can always declare Texas to be another country and make space that way :)
Texas would be a Republic or 5 states, your call. Ray