Sign in to follow this  
air737

Cockpit and cabin crew voice from FlightDeck Sound Effects Panel

Hi, I've installed FlightDeck Sound Effects Panel that adds cockpit and cabin crew voice announcements but I can't get the icon show onto the panels as described in the Readme file. I'm following the step-by-step installation notes and it installs right but it's only accessible through the Views menu and not from the main panel where you can click on & off to quickly display or hide it. Would be cool to see it directly. Anyone had experience/ struggles with that? Strongly recommend it, great realistic experience! Thanks.

Couple of questions: 1. All is working good - just not the icon? 2. Are you using the example of installing it into the default B737? 3. Can you see the icon on your panel? 4. If you can, when you click on it the FDSFX panel does not pop up? Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Clutch, if you're stil out there... I've used your wonderful program for quite a few years, but since I started using Windows7/64 bit it keeps crashing FSX. Have you heard this before and is there a workaround? Sorry for hijacking the topic and thanks!

nah, that's fine. No news is good news so I guess air737 solved his issue (or just deleted the program!). No, this is not the first I've hear of it literally crashing FS2004 but it usually could be resolved. I've been using mine on FS2004 and FSX with Windows7 on and off for several years without issues so that's a good sign. Guess we just need to look at some of the variables to hone down the issue. 1. just recently upgraded to Windows7? 2. Issue always been there or just recently started happening. 3. Happens with every aircraft or just one in particular? Only, maybe with a certain payware aircraft? 4. Happens with every Voice-set or just one in particular 5. At what point does the crash happen? 6. Is this constant and repeatable? Ha, that should keep ya busy. Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Hi Clutch, thanks for taking the time to answer. I hope my info helps. 1. just recently upgraded to Windows7?No, but I reinstalled FDSFX for the first time since installing W72. Issue always been there or just recently started happening.See above, so right from the start on W73. Happens with every aircraft or just one in particular? Only, maybe with a certain payware aircraft?All aircraft I've tried it on, all were default FSX (CRJ, B737, B 747)4. Happens with every Voice-set or just one in particularI only have the default voice set that came with the original download5. At what point does the crash happen?Right after either clicking the icon or selecting the panel from the Instrument View menu, I've tried both6. Is this constant and repeatable? 100% constant and repeatable, unfortunately. Hope we can figure this out, it's a gem of a little program that I'd hate to do without. Could it have anything to do with the panel bitmap? Thanks, Michael.

Well that's not good. How am I supposed to solve this if you installed it correctly?! Big%20Grin.gif Actually, probably better that it happens every time rather than once-in-a-blue-moon. PM me a copy of your panel.cfg file for the B734 and we will work off that one. Also, where did you end up putting the gauge files? Also, since you installed Windows7, you must re-installed FSX. What folder did you install FSX into?

Thank you Clutch! Sorry I've been away. If i've deleted the program - no way!Answering your questions: 1. Yes, all's working except for the icon which isn't there 2. I'm using the example but not the default B737. I've tried with PMDG's 737 and 747. 3. No, no icon on the panel and I've tried with different coordinates to make it appear at least somewhere but still no luck. Its not a big issue since it works just great when I activate it from the menu but if there's a way to get it going on the panel that' d be great too. Thanks,Dani

I would first just try it with the default 737-400. This way you know you are setting it up correctly. Then try it on the PMDG. There have been issues when working with 3rd party payware aircraft as a lot of their stuff is proprietary and it just might not mingle nicely with their aircraft.

Hi, I've installed FlightDeck Sound Effects Panel that adds cockpit and cabin crew voice announcements but I can't get the icon show onto the panels as described in the Readme file. I'm following the step-by-step installation notes and it installs right but it's only accessible through the Views menu and not from the main panel where you can click on & off to quickly display or hide it.Would be cool to see it directly. Anyone had experience/ struggles with that? Strongly recommend it, great realistic experience! Thanks.
Look in your panel.cfg at the Main Panel window. Do you have a line that looks like: gauge38=FlightDeckSFX!Icon_FlightDeckSFX, 418,115,25,25 where the gauge number and x and y coordinates and sizes will be different. If you do, the Icon should show on the panel, if you have the FlightDeckSFX gauge in either your panel folder or your main FS9 or FSX gauges folder. If you have the line and the gauge installed properly it is possible that the gauge file is corrupted. I have the FlightDeckSFX in many of my FS9 and FSX planes with the Icon. Another thing to check is the the id of the FlightDeck window in the panel.cfg. It has to be 122757 for the Icon to open it, Bob.

Hello, CLutch.. I am also an avid user of FDSFX. I couldn't fly without it. My icons and image show perfectly, but every 7th or 8th time I load the window, it crashes FS. Any aircraft, any airport. I load the aircraft, go to an airport, switch to cockpit view, open the FDSFX window, and black screen-- crash to desktop. I re-open FS with Autosave, same plane, same airport, and everything's fine. It will load up fine for 6 or 7 more times, then I can expect a CTD.... Any ideas??

Yea, I got an answer... don't use flightsim the 7th or 8th time! (arr-arr! - I know, bad taste, couldn't resist). Honestly, I would not know off the top of my head what would cause it to crash every 7th or 8th time. If it truly is happening every time at that time then it is something repeatable and not random. The goal would be to try and recreate the issue and start looking at your variables to try and eliminate them and find the core of the issue. You could take, for example the default 737-400 and load it up six times in a row, repeating (and noting) your steps, then go for number seven and see if it crashes. Just an idea. Clutch

snapback.pngair737, on 28 August 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:Hi,I've installed FlightDeck Sound Effects Panel that adds cockpit and cabin crew voice announcements but I can't get the icon show onto the panels as described in the Readme file.I'm following the step-by-step installation notes and it installs right but it's only accessible through the Views menu and not from the main panel where you can click on & off to quickly display or hide it.Would be cool to see it directly. Anyone had experience/ struggles with that?Strongly recommend it, great realistic experience!Thanks. Air737 did you ever get the icon problem solved? Bob.

Back again, @Bob: for one of the aircraft it reads gauge12=FlightDeckSFX!Icon_FlightDeckSFX, 167,10,15,15 and I've used different values - icon still missing.

@Clutch: I should have started with the default 737-400 but somehow I got stuck with that PMDG and wouldn't want to know if it shows no problems with the default 737... stupid but.... Well, I'll do that today!Funny remarks, btw Big%20Grin.gif

I thought of something which is probably silly - which one is the optional FDSFX icon file-wise? Maybe I don't have that icon file in the right folder?