Sign in to follow this  
momoshakeel

Final Build set, final tweaks

Okay I scratched the ATI/AMD build and made this build here. I recently got an I7-2600K as a gift so I did not include it here. This will be my final build and I plan on using this for a good 4-5 years and most probably upgrade along the way (IE: SLI and ivy bridge). I have the money now and am all set to pull the trigger. My budget is 1200 dollars but it turns out to be 1206$ after shipping and taxes which is okay. What do you think overall? BUILD2.jpg

Yes. This is fine. Can't see anything wrong with it.

Much better. You would have regretted big time going with AMD after trying Sandy Bridge

I've got the same RAM. Pretty fast for $55

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Great rig - I just recommended that board to a coworker - it's working awesome!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think the only difference between the Z68X-UD3P and the Z68XP-UD3P is that you can just interchange between the main GPU and onboard GPU so if you want to save a bit go for the standard UD3P which IMO is a great board. Overclocks well and the BIOS is very easy to navigate through, don't bother with touch BIOS. Just a point on the SSD, I have heard some bad things about them, haven't really looked at them but have just heard things here and there. Thats just my opinion and I think you will have a very nice build after all the tweaking is done.