Sign in to follow this  
Abrupto

Parking brake does not desingage

Hi, after entering the cold&dark state the parking brake red message appears and continues with the parking brake desingaged. May be I am missing something here but what should I do to have it working so I can start pushback and engines. Thank you for your helpRegardsAbrupto

Remove chocks in CDU>FS Actions>Ground connections

Yes. I had the very same problem after I tried for quick flight from the active runway, rather than starting at the terminal. But I couldn't get the parking brake off to start the roll. I rebooted my machine, set up the same scenario and still the same problem. I was convinced it was a bug and in fact had a trouble ticket written up and ready to send when I came across this post. Yes, those darn chocks. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, the tutorial.Even people who hate tutorials should read the introduction and the tutorial. This is not just "some plane" for FSX. Those two documents offer some really important tips about flying it, like knowing how to disengage the autobrake, and how to remove the chokes, things like that. It's highly recommended reading.

Cristi Neagu

I never mind helping/answering questions that are documented SOMEWHERE, especially when English isn't someone's native tongue. I also realize that there is sometimes younger folks that ask questions because they're in a hurry to get past a problem. Moreover, I have no desire to make anyone feel bad about anything, this included. I just want to give some friendly and well intentioned advice. When I get a new, in depth aircraft, I always go through all the options (in this case, I went through all the options via the CDU (some refer to this as an FMC). That helps me to setup and operate the aircraft as quickly. I also go through the table of contents, and skip to important sections, which helps me to operate the aircraft. If an introduction or tutorial is provided, I'll read them too as they're often pretty quick to go through. If I still have a question, I first search the documentation, which in this case is provided in Adobe, which has a terrific search capability. If I still have a problem or question, I'll search the forum as finding the answer is faster than waiting for someone to answer a new forum post. I'm not suggesting reading the entire manual(s), but by doing what I described above I find that I am able to understand the aircraft much better than if I'd simply asked and had a single question answered, and it helps me to know other things in advance thus eliminating future questions, delays and frustrations. In all, it helps me to get the most out of the aircraft and to do so much faster than simply firing up the engines and trying to struggle through things. Hope this helps. Best to all. Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.