Sign in to follow this  
Swen

Throttel Horn Cutoff wont work?

Hello, if flaps 15 is set and throttel in idle position then i get horn sound. But i can't disable it via horn cutoff in throttel panel. I know from videos that pilots use this button often. Is this a dummy or i'm wrong? Thanks. :) Regards Swen

You can not use Horn cutoff switch when the Flap's goes further than 10 unit's when the gear's are still not down and locked. This is the landing warning system telling that you are in landing config and must lower your gear.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Hm, but why is this knobe installed in which condition can i use this. I repeat. I have saw some videos where the copilot push this button while flaps 15 and gear in.

The only time you can use this horn cutout switch is when the flap's are between 0 - 10 at Radio Alt between 800 - 200 ft with thrust lever in the landing range and still with the gear''s not down and locked. This is the only time you can silence the horn with horn cutoff switch.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

OK, thank you very much to invest your time. Regards Swen