Sign in to follow this  
lonesomepilot

FSX : big pbs display after driver installation

Hello, To optimize my display under FSX, I began few days ago to update my driver of GCU...a lot of hours (!) later, I do not still manage to have a correct display FSX.from a correct display (with small aliasings), I passed to very unrefined display(posting). I am under Windows 7 / Boot Camp / Imac 27. When I use AMDdriverdownloader, he indicates me that I have a mobility ATI 5850 ! And thus invites me to download and to install the appropriate CCC (version 11.8). What I made, but the results are not good. I also tried with the CCC for "normal" ATI HD 5850 but not better... I also tried to delete my fsx.cfg so that it "reconstructs" but not better. Have you an answer on what it is necessary to make? I wonder if is not needed a special version of drivers to work under Windows 7 / Boot Camp / Imac 27? Thank you in advance

Hello, To optimize my display under FSX, I began few days ago to update my driver of GCU...a lot of hours (!) later, I do not still manage to have a correct display FSX.from a correct display (with small aliasings), I passed to very unrefined display(posting). I am under Windows 7 / Boot Camp / Imac 27. When I use AMDdriverdownloader, he indicates me that I have a mobility ATI 5850 ! And thus invites me to download and to install the appropriate CCC (version 11.8). What I made, but the results are not good. I also tried with the CCC for "normal" ATI HD 5850 but not better... I also tried to delete my fsx.cfg so that it "reconstructs" but not better. Have you an answer on what it is necessary to make? I wonder if is not needed a special version of drivers to work under Windows 7 / Boot Camp / Imac 27? Thank you in advance
So you are using windows under mac OS ? On the ATI catalyst driver download there is no driver or CCC for Mac I would suggest downloading from Apple and avoid using ATI auto downloader Hey hang on try this one. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx in step 1 select mac graphicsstep 2 select apple bootcampand step three you would know you mac.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

exactly. before, it run corrrectly. But like I said above I want to upgrade the perf of my display. Please, don't woory about my english, i'm from france ...

exactly. before, it run corrrectly. But like I said above I want to upgrade the perf of my display. Please, don't woory about my english, i'm from france ...
How are the graphics on win 7 ? can you post a snapshot of fsx in flight would give a better idea.

how can I take a snapshot of FSX ?
simple , load a flight which you generally fly , then once the flight is loaded pres Prt Scr , then use mspaint and press ctrl + v and save the image and then post it using the "more Reply options " under this post .

OK ! thanks !i reload thr right driver just you told me above and i take this snapshot
ya do that hopefully we'll try and eliminate the issue.

it doesn't work better with this driver ... Worried.gif on my mac keyboard, i don't have the prtscrn touch. I try to find the equivalent .... i would like to show you how is bad

it doesn't work better with this driver ... Worried.gif on my mac keyboard, i don't have the prtscrn touch. I try to find the equivalent .... i would like to show you how is bad
There has to be a key for print screen on the mac or something with Fn or CMD and then a key or something. Are you getting edgy rough images ? is the text in the pit not clear ?

I find a équivalent touch but it doesn't work .... Yes I'm get rough images and text are not clear.
Ok, than under CCC 3d settings make Anti-alias x4 or x8 / Anistrophic filter x16 / Standard Settings - high quality / Catalyst AI - Advanced / Mimap detail level - high quality (this is one of the problems ) / Anti - Aliasing Mode - Super-sample AA (may reduce a little fps but will give clear text in the pit ). In fsx global texture quality should be full. Texture filtering in fsx anistrophic or trilinear.

I remove a shader application and it begin to work a little bit better Praying.gifwith or without yours recommandations the text in the pit still not clear and a outside it's rought it's very strange ...I delete the fsx.cfg to have a new one ...but still the same bad display ...

I remove a shader application and it begin to work a little bit better Praying.gifwith or without yours recommandations the text in the pit still not clear and a outside it's rought it's very strange ...I delete the fsx.cfg to have a new one ...but still the same bad display ...
This stumps me because the settings I gave you are the ones which would set the clarity right. What resolution are you running at ? Best would have been a screenie but it's not possible from your end. try something on the key board you may come with something. Can you check the hardware information in CCC ? is it showing you 5850 ? because 5850 is a good solid card And what shader application was that which you have removed. And what CCC version is it ? Did you uninstall the older version and then installed the new one or you just updated on that ?

In FSX graphics settings, on the tab with the resolution etc, set filtering to anisotropic and tick the box beneath that. Also set the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor. It's usually the highest resolution with x32 at the end.