Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Nose up angle on touchdown not realistic (?)

Hi all, The nose up angle on touch down seems to be not realistic.Having seen quite a lot pictures of 737-800 at the moment of touchdown there is clearly to be seen that in real world the nose up angle is higher (about 5%).With the NGX, although coming in with the correct speed and correctly configured, the aircraft touches down almost leveled and the front gears touch down almost immediately after main gears touch down.And if you give it a slightly more pitch up then you flare for half the runway...I can not be sure of course but I believe the NGX is simulated much more slippery than in real world. You struggle to bring it down correctly. As if you are coming in for landing with +10 knots... Could anyone of the PMDG stuff position himself on this? Thanks,Christos

In the threads referenced above, there is a simple fix for this issue that requires a small edit to your PMDG aircraft.cfg file. Back up your original first, make the quite file edit, fly, and enjoy! :) You can't screw anything up too bad. If you feel ostracized, guilt-ridden, experience suicidal thoughts, etc, after so doing simply copy your original aircraft.cfg file back over your edit. Yawn.gif Regards, Aaron Isaacs
I can't find the simple fix Mitch Bowman

Back up first,remember no PMDG support In the flaps.0 section of the aircraft cfg...Change this line... lift_scalar = 1.0tolift_scalar = 0.8This will give you precisely two degrees pitch up on a 3 degree glidesope. It will also give you a much better flare of 4 degrees. Exactly what the manuals say you should have. Don't know if this tweek will hose the other performance numbers.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Are you sure and aware of what you're doing there? I'll be happy to try it, but I'm not sure what it will all affect. sig.gif

I just copyed the mod from one of the links above ,for the guyIts not my hack.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Are you sure and aware of what you're doing there? I'll be happy to try it, but I'm not sure what it will all affect.
Won't hurt to try it. It is just 2 digits your changing. I already made the change and am gonna test it out today. If it don't work good I will just stick the 1.0 back in and no harm done.

Hello.Anyone tested this out yet? Does it affect the lift on takeoff and other flap settings beside 30 and 40 also?Thank you.Bye,Jan Urban

Just curious if PMDG has tested it and whether or not they advice to use this mod ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

No, the aircraft behaves correctly, it's the ground effect which is too strong.

-Iain Watson-