Sign in to follow this  
Fly_737

737NG FS9 Discontinued?

Hello Everyone, Since the 737NGX came out, I noticed that the 737NG for Flight Simulator 9 has no longer been available for purchase.When I click "Buy Now" from this link I get an error message:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/73G.html I know that there has been some "controversy" over releasing a new version for Fs9, but I am simply asking if PMDG will ever make the Fs9 version available again. I am not interested in updating my entire setup to FsX. Therefore, I do not want to purchase the new 737NGX. (Yes...I know it is superior...but that is not the point...hahah) Will it ever be available again?If so, when?

If not, where else can I obtain this addon if it is no longer commercially available?

As far as I know areosoft sells all the versions, -600 till-900 as an package.

Hello Everyone, Since the 737NGX came out, I noticed that the 737NG for Flight Simulator 9 has no longer been available for purchase.When I click "Buy Now" from this link I get an error message:http://www.precision...roduct/73G.html I know that there has been some "controversy" over releasing a new version for Fs9, but I am simply asking if PMDG will ever make the Fs9 version available again. I am not interested in updating my entire setup to FsX. Therefore, I do not want to purchase the new 737NGX. (Yes...I know it is superior...but that is not the point...hahah) Will it ever be available again?If so, when?

If not, where else can I obtain this addon if it is no longer commercially available?

If I were you I would get my hand on iFlys NG for Fs9. Had it since sept last year.It´s really good, even if the NGX is better. But it´s better than the old 737 from PMDG anyway.Rember also PMDGs 737NG was released for Fs2000 and Fs2004, so it was very nice and good that timebut looks kinda old in VC now, comparing to iFlys NG. / Leffe

If I were you I would get my hand on iFlys NG for Fs9. Had it since sept last year.It´s really good, even if the NGX is better. But it´s better than the old 737 from PMDG anyway. Rember also PMDGs 737NG was released for Fs2000 and Fs2004, so it was very nice and good that timebut looks kinda old in VC now, comparing to iFlys NG. / Leffe [/left][/left]
You´re really emphasizing the ifly in the PMDG forums?? :(

Suiperpilotv2 I certainly understand your point but what is he to do? A great product is made and only available to a select group (FSX). I too have the the 737NG and he is right... It looks old as compared to the new product. Unfortunately he has to direct a fellow simmer to PMDG's competetor because PMDG made the new product only available for FSX... So the question really is; who should be getting the Shame%20On%20You.gif (Food for thought.)

Suiperpilotv2 I certainly understand your point but what is he to do? A great product is made and only available to a select group (FSX). I too have the the 737NG and he is right... It looks old as compared to the new product. Unfortunately he has to direct a fellow simmer to PMDG's competetor because PMDG made the new product only available for FSX... So the question really is; who should be getting the Shame%20On%20You.gif (Food for thought.)
I trust PMDG have a much better idea of how many people still use fs9 compared to fsx than anyone not in the business of selling addons. If it was economically viable to create an fs9 version of the NGX (ie. worth the extra time, effort and money) I'm sure they would've done it.

This decision of PMDG's choice to drop FS9 as a platform was fully discussed and need not be repeated. They conducted a survey and also gave their reasoning in a pinned topic called the way forward somewhere.They have also decided that the only effective real flight model improvements could be made in FSX.I don't use FSX for various reasons especially because of payware scenery and a few aircraft that was a considerable investment in money plus a lot of customizing work time I put into freeware aircraft panels.PMDG reached an agreement with Aerosoft to publish the 737NG suite continuing to make it available for FS9 users and for the complete selection of all the released 737NG models (600-900) as a suite it is very reasonable. Don't forget the panel functionality of the 600/700 is improved with installation of the 800/900. The Aerosoft suite sells at about the same price as the individual sets did.Anyway I don't think we need to redundantly address their platform design decision again.