Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

CRASH TO DESKTOP! FED UP WITH THIS

Hi Ryan,I have a pb with my NGX. When the product first came out, i've had the freeze pb on my very first flight. So i did a couple of things to see if it helped: 1- I reinstalled fsuipc 2- switched back to Airac 1105 3- stopped undocking fmc and only use the captain cdu 4- Stopped using EFB aivlasoft running in background 5- Stopped using FSBuild, and the Eye Ivao in background Conclusion: No more freezes and maybe 2or3 CTD in 20 flights(Actually i realised that fsx was not in admin mode after a windows update). Seemed to be very very stable even with hotfix1 and 2 applied.The day following the release of airac 1109 i downloaded it for all my addons thats to say FSBuild, PMDG, LDS 767,Aivlasoft EFB. Furthermore i've installed the hotfix 3 (current hotfix) AND ASE recent update (from August 2011). Since then i did 2 flights and both got CTD.-1st flight: ENGM-LPPT1st attempt: Its always the same ritual : i start the eye, try to see controllers online and pilots, then close it. Run FSB plan route and fuel, export to fsx and PMDG, then close it. Run ASE and then FSX (all this in administrator mode). Once the cockpit is loaded, i put fsx in windowed mode just the time to get connect to ivao file a flight plan, and configure Ezdok the way i want it via fsx menu. Then i switch back to full screen. After that its only procedure, i just follow the normal procedure script and while planning the fmc fsx CTD: The screen got a bit grey( Like a grey veil i could see the cockpit though)2nd attempt: i reproduced exactly the same steps but the sim crashed after almost 4 hours during descent to LPPT. TO time around 7.30 PM gmt +2 descent started around 11.30 PM GMT +22nd Flight: LEBB to LPPT today Exactly the same scenario but the CTD happened to during climbout to FL300 around FL200.While i'm writing this i'm thinking about the fact that Collins config gives me random CTD ALL THE TIME whereas Honeywell runs smoothly. i'd say almost 100% of my flights in Collins MCP are successfull (with my PC running all day long and with several stops: yes i can confirm this!) Let me add that CTD happen with and without using the FPS limiter from Bojote: I also did all the tweaks you advised via the NGX intro pdf,Bojote site, and mails we exchanged when i was building up my system.So today i uninstalled NGX and ASE with latest update. So now i'm wondering if i should reinstall the initial release version or the latest version of the NGX (as i have stored the initial version). And i'm wondering as well if i should re-install ASElatest version.PS: I have the automacore file in my fsx root to prevent CTD when using fsx Menu.My rig I'm the one you gave advicec about a new system, do you remember me? Corsair 600T I5 2500 K oced to 4.8GHZ 8Go Ram 1.5v GTX580 P8P67 DeluxeMy doubts are about: 1-interactions between some 3rd party addons(like EFB, ASE, Ivao, etcc) and the NGX. In my case could only be ASE(time between weather update set to 30 min) or Ivao 2-Honeywell config 3-ASE last update creating a pb 4-hot fix 3 of the NGX 5-Combination of these factorsImportant, i always sim without Kaspersky running (completely switched of). Same thing when i install a program or scenery etc.... And all my programs run in admin modeThats it Ryan! Its Very Very annoying, i know you guys cant recreate this issue for the moment thats why i tried to provide you as much informations as i can. So which version of the NGX, and ASE should i install now? And what do you think about all this. By the way it would be great if i could get the link to download the second hotfix ( you know the one including the dome light issue fixed) because thats the last stable version i ran. Kaman BA

Post the routes and runways you used on the two recent flights you tried after the hotfix.
Cant recall but done via rfinder.net just try and almost 99% sure it will give you the route i was following

Simple question for you ? Can you fly the tutorial flight with absolutely NO problems ?? I mean with NO addons of any kind running !!!

Have you tried doing a flight with your CPU at stock speed? It could be a bad overclock

I did not fly the tutorial, and i never re-do tutorial flight of fresh product i ust bought, as a general rule. i just fly my favorites routes. furthermore i've done some successful flights . but read carefully my post.

Have you tried doing a flight with your CPU at stock speed? It could be a bad overclock
not sure overclock has something to do with this but can you explain what you mean.

I did not fly the tutorial, and i never re-do tutorial flight of fresh product i ust bought, as a general rule. i just fly my favorites routes. furthermore i've done some successful flights . but read carefully my post. not sure overclock has something to do with this but can you explain what you mean.
You've overclocked your CPU. Sometimes even though it "tests OK" an overclock may crash fsx. Try a couple of flights at the stock 3.3ghz & see if that's what it is. Could be just a matter of downgrading your oc to 4.7 or 4.6 if it runs fine at 3.3

You've overclocked your CPU. Sometimes even though it "tests OK" an overclock may crash fsx. Try a couple of flights at the stock 3.3ghz & see if that's what it is. Could be just a matter of downgrading your oc to 4.7 or 4.6 if it runs fine at 3.3
Can someone confirm this? I'm a bit suspicious because i ran the MD-11 without any pb but i'll try

Can someone confirm this? I'm a bit suspicious because i ran the MD-11 without any pb but i'll try
I disagree about the "unstable" OC... because that's what everyone told me until I ran stock BIOS settings (everything stock) and still got them... What is the specific CTD reason? Is it the G3D.dll? If it's a g3d.dll ctd it's happening when your virtual memory gets saturated beyond 4GB. You may also experience OOM's at that point. From some non scientific testing I've been doing I will either get g3d ctd's or OOM's. Since the NGX is particularly resource hungry you need to keep an eye on your virtual memory. Use process explorer to see when it approaches 4GB: http://technet.micro...ernals/bb896653

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had an issue like this a few years ago with another product. Went back to stock and the problem never happened again. It's always worth trying, that's the idea of the forum, get advice and try it out.

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

what i get is random ctd without error message. It only says that fsx is restarting...etc

It'll cost you nothing to try that. I dunno why you're so hesitant. Intel people have said publicly that only 50% of sandybridge CPUs can run beyond 4.4ghz. I'm not saying that's guaranteed to be your problem, but I have seen it happen so it's worth trying. I mean you're gonna fly the thing always so why not try it with some different bios settings?

I disagree about the "unstable" OC... because that's what everyone told me until I ran stock BIOS settings (everything stock) and still got them... What is the specific CTD reason? Is it the G3D.dll? If it's a g3d.dll ctd it's happening when your virtual memory gets saturated beyond 4GB. You may also experience OOM's at that point. From some non scientific testing I've been doing I will either get g3d ctd's or OOM's. Since the NGX is particularly resource hungry you need to keep an eye on your virtual memory. Use process explorer to see when it approaches 4GB: http://technet.micro...ernals/bb896653
If you are a RW ATCer (maybe I just assumed that from your 'interests) I would have thought you would be smart enough to know that heavily OC CPUs are inherently unstable especially when loaded. The faster the CPU is running, the hotter it gets....and the hotter it gets the more unstable etc. FSX is a CPU hog and you can expect it to generate max heat...so very easy to see how you would get a crash. Overclocking is fine to 5% or 10 % in most cases but most people (and resellers) push it to the limits and just because it works with most applications is no reason to assume it will be fine with FSX. Been there....done that. Andrew Vincent