Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

CRASH TO DESKTOP! FED UP WITH THIS

It seems that PMDG are really pushing the limits with the NGX. Not only have they ran out of animations within FSX, but it appears FSX just can't handle all that data being passed back and forward by the NGX, with or without HIGHMEMFIX. It's like taking a Volkswagen Beetle and putting a 7 liter V8 in it. It would appear that the NGX really is as real as FSX gets.

Cristi Neagu

It seems that PMDG are really pushing the limits with the NGX. Not only have they ran out of animations within FSX, but it appears FSX just can't handle all that data being passed back and forward by the NGX, with or without HIGHMEMFIX. It's like taking a Volkswagen Beetle and putting a 7 liter V8 in it. It would appear that the NGX really is as real as FSX gets.
Keep in mind that not everyone is having CTD issues. Seems to be plenty of users who are enjoying the NGX with out any significant issues. That includes me. I absolutely agree that eliminating OC should always be one of your first steps when encountering a CTD in FSX as a troubleshooting step. I've settled on 3.6GHz for my system as going over that results in random CTDs. Also, I never use full-screen. I have had one CTD with the NGX. I had undocked the CDU, moved it to a 2nd monitor, and then was dragging it back to the 1st monitor when I got the CTD. Now, I just don't undock the CDU and I've not had any other issues. During my NGX flights, I have the following programs/add-ons active:-ASA (networked laptop)-RadarContact (networked laptop)-REX-EZDok-TrackIR-UT-FSBuild-Firefox browser with 6 to 12 tabs open-Navigraph Charts-Ultimate Traffic 2-Super Traffic Board

I don't understand why you guys with all the high end fancy rigs are having so many problems and I can fly 50 flights in this thing on a medicore system and only have maybe 3 crashes total that were all my fault cause I was multi-tasking and watching a movie in the background lol. Maybe your pushing too much on your system. For example Water and Clouds require a lot of resources. When at Cruise there is no reason you need water any higher than 2x Medium. Clouds don't need to be at more than 70 nm, and Auto Gen can be off while at Cruise cause you wont see it anyway. If your trying to max the sliders out on everything during a flight I can see why you would crash. I run a balance of High to Ultra High settings. I am using the latest version of the NGX Installer with all 3 hotfixes included. I have 95 FSX Airports sceneries and run the latest versions of ASE, GEX, REX, UTA, UTX UTII, and FS Global 2010. So if it is the NGX fault why can I fly alll over the world in 50 plus flights since the day it came out with hardly any issues at all? I am still using the first Q6600 Quad that ever came out on the market. It is overclocked at 3.15 Ghz, Have 8 Gig of Ram, and an 8800 GTX card with 768 meg GDDR-3 memory. Also running 64-bit Windows Vista. Find out what Error is causing your FSX to crash . Its all reported in Windows Event Viewer. When FSX Crashes go to Services - Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application and select the very latest error, then details TAB and paste the info in here.

you must have the same dealer as Andrew. Guys, seriously, if you don't have first hand knowledge, technical expertise and otherwise any helpful input, why bother to post? I guess the couple of thousand of happy NGX customers who are currently flying without any serious issues brought you to this revelation?

Or it could it be that Windows 7 just plain sucks with FSX? Shocked.gif I did notice that a lot of people reporting issues were using Windows 7 and 32-bit. At the very least get a dedicated drive for FSX and your Add-ons and a 64-bit operating system cause 32-bit and 4 gigs doesn't cut it.

I have 95 FSX Airports sceneries and run the latest versions of ASE, GEX, REX, UTA, UTX UTII, and FS Global 2010. So if it is the NGX fault why can I fly alll over the world in 50 plus flights since the day it came out with hardly any issues at all? ... and an 8800 GTX card with 768 meg GDDR-3 memory. Also running 64-bit Windows Vista.
Paul, would you like an EVGA GTX275 relatively free? Got one in stock collecting dust!

Or it could it be that Windows 7 just plain sucks with FSX? Shocked.gif I did notice that a lot of people reporting issues were using Windows 7 and 32-bit. At the very least get a dedicated drive for FSX and your Add-ons and a 64-bit operating system cause 32-bit and 4 gigs doesn't cut it.
be interesting to see if some one could get all the information on what windows systems that are having the freezing and ctds

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Every single one of us on the dev team runs Windows 7 and we can't replicate these random freeze/CTD things.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Not opening another issue here, but Ryan, I use win7 64, with 8 gigs RAM, and I got regular FSX crash for "not enough memory", only with the NGX. Landscape becomes black and boom ... Last CTD before NGX was maybe a year ago....

Paul, would you like an EVGA GTX275 relatively free? Got one in stock collecting dust!
I'd be willing to take that off your hands :)

you must have the same dealer as Andrew. Guys, seriously, if you don't have first hand knowledge, technical expertise and otherwise any helpful input, why bother to post? I guess the couple of thousand of happy NGX customers who are currently flying without any serious issues brought you to this revelation?
I don't understand why you guys with all the high end fancy rigs are having so many problems and I can fly 50 flights in this thing on a medicore system and only have maybe 3 crashes total
Keep in mind that not everyone is having CTD issues. Seems to be plenty of users who are enjoying the NGX with out any significant issues. That includes me.
Well... i guess it's my fault for not making things clear. NGX runs just fine for me. I never had a CTD with it. I don't have a high end rig. I have an E7600 with an 9800GT card with 4Gb of DDR3. I wouldn't call that powerful, or even mildly new. And the NGX runs at 20fps or more constantly for me. I am not complaining. Even so... I am constantly getting the feeling that FSX just has it's hands full with this thing. I'm not saying that because i'm getting errors. It's like wearing a tight t-shirt that's not bursting, but you know it's as stretched as it will ever be. They managed to use all the animations that FSX can provide, and they still had to ditch some stuff (like moving cockpit windows and such). I'm pretty sure that if FSX wouldn't have had this limitation, we would have had a fully working circuit breaker panel, if not right now, maybe in a future service pack. My previous post was a compliment to PMDG. They really stretched FSX as far as it can to fit the NGX, and that's a good thing for me. The fact that everything ran smooth from the get-go, that i'm not getting any major errors with the thing, being so complex as it is, just goes to show what a great job PMDG has done with this simulation.

Cristi Neagu

Paul, would you like an EVGA GTX275 relatively free? Got one in stock collecting dust
Yes I could use an upgrade and a cooler running video card. Thanks for the offer. Big Grin.gif My 8800gtx is like a heater!
Every single one of us on the dev team runs Windows 7 and we can't replicate these random freeze/CTD things.
Just curious Ryan, how many of you are using ASE, GEX, REX, UTX and FS Global 2010? Also are any of you using low end Video Cards or are you all using State of the Art Next Gen Hardware? I still get the freezes for 2 seconds a few times during the flight but it never locks up and resumes on its own. I starting to think its the 8800 GTX causing the issue. If I get that GTX275 above and the problem goes away then at least I will know what was causing it. Is it possible you guys maybe can't reproduce the freezes because you all have balanced systems?

Is it possible you guys maybe can't reproduce the freezes because you all have balanced systems?
Can you be more specific when you say balanced sytems Paul?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can you be more specific when you say balanced sytems Paul?
A system without any bottlenecks.

I would be interested to know what the OP used to test his OC, alot of people are getting these SB chips popping them in and maxing them out without having the slightest clue of how to test for stability, use OCCT, Intel burn test and run prime95 for at minimum 12hrs and see if your system is stable, and don't assume that all chips are equal, just because your buddy can get 4.6 or 4.8 on his chip does not mean that you will get the same on yours. Your first step should be to set everything back to default and see if you still get crashes, then go from there.