Yesterday I was on my way from Kbos to Kmia (pmdg md11)and when I contacted atis close to Miami ATC (default) informed me that the temp was -29C. Is there anyway to fix this ? Thanks Vic

Hi, Were you in DWC Mode where the FS ATC picks up the data from your current location and altitude?

Hi, Were you in DWC Mode where the FS ATC picks up the data from your current location and altitude?
I think I was in standard mode. Vic

Hi, Had you used the refresh AI Icon before your flight? Had you processed a flight plan in ASE and FS?

Hi, Had you used the refresh AI Icon before your flight? Had you processed a flight plan in ASE and FS?
I did not use the refresh ai icon before the flight but I processed a flight plan in ase and fs.

Hi, OK thanks. Also check what weather depiction Mode you are using.

Hi, OK thanks. Also check what weather depiction Mode you are using.
Oops, I just double checked.I was in DWC mode.

Hi, That is what happens in DWC Mode, ATC reports data from your current location and altitude. To see conditions at your destination, process a flight plan in ASE and view the Briefing screen.

Of course you can also use the voice ATIS and Flightwatch feature which is aware of DWC. DWC is always overwriting "current ambient conditions" as it is the only way to control the FSX wind problem. Those ambient conditions are being reported by any station's FSX ATIS so at altitude you are going to get your current wind, temperature and visibility, not the surface values.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies