Sign in to follow this  
james200410

NGX Repaint Issue - Fuselage Cuts - Please Help

Hello Fellow NGX lovers! I have been trying to fix this problem now for days but nothing I do seem to work. I did a search on the forum for such issue but came up with nothing so am hoping someone here would be kind enough to advise on how I can fix this problem. Its a fictional livery we use at our VA.As you can see in the Pictures, the cuts between 1,2 and 3 are visable using my paint scheme.If I was to use a solid paint, the lines dissapear. To the best of my knowledge (I am no expert at PhotoShop) the cuts are 4096x4096. Capture_157.jpgCapture_159.jpgCapture_158.jpg I have painted many aircraft before (including PMDG's B747,JS41) and have never come across this problem which I couldn't rectify on my own. So am asking if anyone knows why this is happening and is there a solution ? Thanking you in advance. Adam

Adam, Did u make sure your feathering and smoothing are turned off or set to zero when cutting out the fuse textures? Second thing could be that the mask may have moved a little so would suggest you download the repaint package again just to make sure this is not the issue and you have correct alignment. RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Not sure if this is how you are supposed to do it but I do it on the 747 paint kit but what I do is when I create a copy of the layer I over crop. By that I mean don't try to create a layer exactly on the line they provide for you.

Thanks for your reply Mark, Good point about the feathering/smoothing, will check that thanks. In regards to the mask alignment, this issue has been from the very first attempt in which I don't think I would of moved any original settings, but will download again just to make sure. But for some unknown reason, if I cut a solid color it looks fine, but with my livery with different colors and waves it does this :( Thanks again and will post back if your suggestions help. Regards Adam

Not sure if this is how you are supposed to do it but I do it on the 747 paint kit but what I do is when I create a copy of the layer I over crop. By that I mean don't try to create a layer exactly on the line they provide for you.
Hi Jon, I think I know what you mean, If it is, then yes, I do the same all the time and that is basically merge the Visible layers into one layer then copy that layer the the Cut PSD and alight the doors/windows from the merged layer to the PSD, it has always worked for me that way, but with the NGX I have tried that and also the way its supposed to be done using the guides and ensuring they are at the correct size. I even tried over lapping 3mm on each side of the cut to fuse the gap but even that doesn't work. Hope we can find a solution soon, Regards Adam

Too bad, I asked another guy who did the Joke Air paint earlier and im waiting an answer because he seem to get no issue with that, and his paint is perfect!

Hey I don't have this issue at all. Make sure your cuts are pixel perfect. Mine are and I don't see these lines at all. Otherwise I wonder what your graphic settings are. You're certainly not running full resolution there, so I'd try that first. Textures look totally blurred. I'm not saying your painted textures are blurred per se, they just look so in the sim. sig.gif

Mind the Gap! If your artwork crosses the gap i suggest you work at 200% zoom when you cut and move the art across to the next section. You have to be precise here or the white line will show. If you have a solid paint layer across the non painted sections of the 737 as in figure 1 below; then it's a driver issue. Try forcing Vertical Sync to off if it's on. I've been caught out on this myself when first working with the kit. I was seeing the gap but others on the team we're not. It turned out to be a driver setting I had to change. Whenever I see that gap now it's because I didn't cut and move the item at the higher zoom level and left a pixel or two space. Good luck. Pete Mac PaintPMDG Graphic Designer

Thanks for you response guys, In regards to the blurry textures etc, yes, unfortunately I had my GTX295 fry on me the other day and am now using two old 9800GTX's in SLI until I can afford to get a GTX580 :( In addition to that, the repaint itself ain't the best quality either but I've been using it for a year or so now painting 30 odd different aircraft so to change the fleet livery would be a night mare .. lolIf anyone has the knowledge of how to inform me on making the currently livery I have look less feather around the blue/gold etc, I would certainly be listening :) Thanks Mac, but may I ask, even if I merge a single copy of the 900 series and use that one layer and paste it onto the fuse 1 cut and align it by the windows, wouldnt that suffice as there is no need to cut the layer at exactly 4096x4096. Although I have already tried this and it didn't work :( Looks like I will have to re-download the paint kit again and get the original master psd with the untouched giudes incase I have accidently moved them. Thanks again for you help and will let you know how I go. Regards Adam

Unfortunately no solution as yet and I have tried everything. I assume its a problem with the paint kit. I've must of painted this stupid plane about 20 times now.....

I've got this problem too. Photoshop CS 5.1 & nVidia DDS plugin. Running on GTX580 with vsync forced off. I don't get that fuselage cut issue with the original PMDG repaints.I always cut using the cyan guides and it always gives 4096x4096 perfectly, and the issue only shows where the tail section hits the mid section.Front to mid section seems OK. Any update on this? Some tip/trick?

Dave P. Woycek

Hmm ... I need to correct myself. It does happen with some of the original PMDG liveries as well, e. g. the AirBerlin livery. Turning off Antialiasing fixes the issue. However, doing so is not really an option.

Dave P. Woycek

Pete...First, the paint kit is fantastic, really easy to work with, I like the colored selection region layer for cutting out each section...Though I did spot something with it: It looks to me like the red, blue and yellow selection region layer is slightly off...The red selection region is 1 pixel over, to the right...If you zoom in closely, you will see it does not lineup with the window edge. I modified my PSD and removed that 1 pixel edge. The second error is on the yellow selection region...It is short by 1 pixel to the left, so again I modified that layer and added a 1 pixel edge to what was already there. The blue region seems ok. Please have a look and tell me what you think and also if I may have missed an update to the paint kit. Regards.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"