Sign in to follow this  
airnz1

OverClocking graphics card?

Hi I have a question about overclocking graphics cards, I have a GTX560 Ti and using the MSI afterburner to overclock. Just wondering what the best setting would be to over clock and what are the pros and cons to overclocking? Sorry I am new to this so I am learning. Oh and I have a I5 processer if this helps. Thanks for your help im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Please post hardware related questions in the hardware forums.

What is the cooler on your GTX 560 Ti, if it is one of the small ones, don't overclock. However if it is a DirectCU ii from ASUS, go ahead. I think it is best to slowly start raising the frequency with testing on Furmark to see if its running OK. If you start to see tears, go back on the frequency or add more voltage.

Please post hardware related questions in the hardware forums.
If there is anywhere he would of moved it, shouldn't it had been The Monitors, Video Cards and DriversForums?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

If there is anywhere he would of moved it, shouldn't it had beenThe Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers Forums?
That is the hardware forums haha

I think it doesn't make sense to overclock your VGA, especially a good one like yours. The point is your CPU performance. Buy as faster as you can. I have an ATI HD5970 dual GPU video card with Core i7 950 CPU, and the system can't utilize the VGA . Both core goes on 40-50%. If you can afford it buy a 6-8 core CPU, that will surely be a fast system for FSX.Regards

Overclock gpu is a waste of time will only hurt your card been there done that, don't due it, overclocking your cpu now that's a nice bump in performance.

Rich Sennett

i got a pre overclocked 560Ti from asus simply cause its oveclocked by them and under warranty =) Works a treat but is a little overkill for FSX. However I use my pc for lots of things.

Overclocking my GPU gave me a slight perf boost, anything is good for FSX.