Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Tip for those with Hydraulic Overheat-Low Pressure Issue.

I do not have Random Failures enabled right now since I am still learning how to fly the plane and don't want the added distraction. With that out of the way, I have noticed the following behavior. Even if you don't have Failures enabled you may encounter this bug if the following happens. Your in the middle of a flight and FSX crashes to desktop and you reload the saved flight. Hydraulic Overheat and Low Pressure Lights are on. Will also notice Failures are Active for A and B. Since this has happened to me 2 times while reloading a saved flight that crashed I was able to test the following and conclude that it is only cosmetic if you do the following. After reloading saved flight will observe the above lights on. Go into the FMC and Clear the current Active Failures. Resume flight as normal. You will still see the lights on even though you cleared the failures and you will also notice your Fuel Temp Gauge is pegged at the Maximum. However you will still be able to land as if nothing had happened. Everything worked fine for me both times. However once you land the only way to make this problem go away is to start a new Flight with one of the Default NGX Panel States. If the lights and failure still don't go away I have found the sure fire fix all is just to reboot computer then start new flight with NGX Panel State. Cold and Dark, Short or Long.

I have exactly that issue today!I do have service based failures on though. I couldn't recover from the issue, I followed the guide in the QRH to no success. I chose to fly anyways and flew using the engine driven pumps for system A and B. Nothing was wrong during the whole flight!I cleared the failure AND I serviced the plane, but still the overheat light would not go out. Anyone from the staff know how to recover from this failure?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

hyd quantity?if the pumps runs with low fluid they will overheat.Fuel quantity on wing tanks? a minimum of fuel is needed for hyd heat exchanger

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I have exactly that issue today!I do have service based failures on though. I couldn't recover from the issue, I followed the guide in the QRH to no success. I chose to fly anyways and flew using the engine driven pumps for system A and B. Nothing was wrong during the whole flight!I cleared the failure AND I serviced the plane, but still the overheat light would not go out. Anyone from the staff know how to recover from this failure?
Yes do as the op posted - its a bug - you need to restart with the cold and dark panel state - the reason its doing it is following a CTD or actual crash the fuel temp goes through the roof - the fuel is used to cool the HYD and hence causes the error that cant be cleared. Of course the conditions that the second poster put can also create this situation - but it would then clear on any mx and fix of these issues - so if it doesnt then its what the OP posted.

i have the same issue but i see it this way: if you fsx crash you add some real failure to the situation and that is the wrong indication of the the light. since it don´t affect the flight i see it as a nice realism bonus feature :) tarik

It's related to a buggy fuel temperature. You'll get a HYD overheat when the fuel temperature is high off the gauge, and this happens when you load a panel state from the FMC menu. You can fix it in about 2 minutes without starting from cold and dark and losing your panel state. Just change the fuel temperature manually in the panel state: Go to your FSX folder\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState, and find the panel state you want with extension .sav. For example my panel state is call LAST so I find LAST.sav. Open up the sav file with notepad and scroll down to the [FuelSystem.0], or use Find (CTRL+F) to find "Fuel Temp=". Most likely you have a negative value (eg, Fuel Temp=-587). Change it to 1647, save the file, and reload the panel state from the FMC. Your fuel temperature should now be around 20C, and the HYD overheat cleared. All of this can be done while FSX is running.

Ok so if I receive this "thing" again, I should revert to cold and dark, then load the panel again?Because it happened twice after I restarted the computer, so I thought either it's the panel load, or just some fluke thing?? I will have a look at this, because the first time it happened the simulator froze.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

It's related to a buggy fuel temperature. You'll get a HYD overheat when the fuel temperature is high off the gauge, and this happens when you load a panel state from the FMC menu. You can fix it in about 2 minutes without starting from cold and dark and losing your panel state. Just change the fuel temperature manually in the panel state: Go to your FSX folder\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState, and find the panel state you want with extension .sav. For example my panel state is call LAST so I find LAST.sav. Open up the sav file with notepad and scroll down to the [FuelSystem.0], or use Find (CTRL+F) to find "Fuel Temp=". Most likely you have a negative value (eg, Fuel Temp=-587). Change it to 1647, save the file, and reload the panel state from the FMC. Your fuel temperature should now be around 20C, and the HYD overheat cleared. All of this can be done while FSX is running.
I get the overheat problem without having loaded a saved panel state. Mitch Bowman

I get the overheat problem without having loaded a saved panel state. Mitch Bowman
Then your overheat is not related to the fuel temperature.

Guys if you have failures on and it is a generated faliure you can just normally clear it by using the clear all option. However if it happens after a crash and you dont have failures on then here is what you have to do. Go in and use the Clear all option that will turn it off even though the lights wont go off and the temps wont change. Then just finish your flight ignoring the lights. Next time restart a new flight from one of the default panel states. If that still does not work then reboot your computer and restart a default panel state. (Default means one of the PMDG Panel States)

I've had issues saving panel states beofre, so I am thinking that this might be related somehow?I tried to clear the fault of course and in the air the overheat changed to the elec pumps, so i simply stuck to the eng pumps.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I was happened this condition,even clean any fault in CDU,OVERTHEAT light not extinguish.And fuel temp gauge was get to over...Seem if load saved panel state will get some wrong.