Sign in to follow this  
vekiq

Radar control, Traffic X or Ultimate traffic?

Hi All, FSX ATC control has lots to be desired for.I am looking for best ATC experience. Which one would you recommend for best ATC experience? Thanks in advance.Ved

do you mean best ATC experience or best AI traffic experience? I own UT2 and I am very happy but it does not provide ATC, just traffic. I believe that same applies to Traffic X, just judging by its name. So Radar Contact would be the only ATC program which makes the answer to your question pretty obvious if you really meant ATC experience.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

do you mean best ATC experience or best AI traffic experience? I own UT2 and I am very happy but it does not provide ATC, just traffic. I believe that same applies to Traffic X, just judging by its name. So Radar Contact would be the only ATC program which makes the answer to your question pretty obvious if you really meant ATC experience.
Yeah, i meant ATC. So to summarise, Radar Contact enhanced ATC, but it does not add any AI, and latter 2 exactly opposite? Cheers

Can we please post only PMDG NGX related threads in this forum. This should be posted in the FSX forum.

Can we please post only PMDG NGX related threads in this forum. This should be posted in the FSX forum.
Did not realise rules are so tight, my apologies.If you are a mod feel free to delete this thread.

Did not realise rules are so tight, my apologies.If you are a mod feel free to delete this thread.
No trouble at all. This is a very busy product support forum, not a general question forum.

Hi,This person is not a mod, he/she just acts like one. Radar contact is a standard. You can also consider PFE from OnCourse software (my favorite ATC software). jos denis

Yeah, i meant ATC. So to summarise, Radar Contact enhanced ATC, but it does not add any AI, and latter 2 exactly opposite? Cheers
Correct, and Radar Contact also controls AI traffic and gets it out of your way. I use RC and MyTraffic X Pro v5.3.

Correct, and Radar Contact also controls AI traffic and gets it out of your way. I use RC and MyTraffic X Pro v5.3.
I think it has only limited abilities with the AI, I found with higher traffic levels that AISmooth helps a lot since that vectors away excess traffic. Both can be used at the same time without issue and AISmooth is free.Just started using RC with the NGX and it works great, I have seen posts suggesting that you are unable to save RC data in order to resume flights later, although I have not had that problem!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron