Sign in to follow this  
onody123

VATSIM or IVAO compatibility problems with NGX

Dear All, As you all know there are serious compatibility problems between IVAP and NGX. I would like to know if the same problem exists for the VATSIM flyers or it is only a problem of IVAO. Please let me know your thoughts. Peter Onody

As you all know there are serious compatibility problems between IVAP and NGX.
No, we don't "all know". IVAO works fine here. No problems with VATSIM either.

Good for you. You are one of the few users of IVAO who does not has fatal error messages during flight. Do you use internal or external IVAP? Peter Onody

External IVAP, although it seems to run fine internally, too. I did have crashes with the NGX initially (flying offline). Turning AI traffic and autogen down fixed those. It does appear that the NGX is more demanding than many other addons, maybe that is what is causing the IVAP crashes - not an NGX/IVAP issue as such, but a too high demand on various system resources.

Edited by trisager

VATSIM+FSINN work ok for me until now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

IVAO fine here. Getting occasional CTDs but can't confirm they are IVAP related. I am wondering though how to synchronize the IVAP transponder with the one on the NGX flight deck. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

IVAO fine here. Getting occasional CTDs but can't confirm they are IVAP related. I am wondering though how to synchronize the IVAP transponder with the one on the NGX flight deck. Any suggestions?
What do you mean by sychronize Martin?The squak code in the NGX is the FSX built in one, so it should work by simply changing it in the NGX transponderI have my transponder mode selector mapped to the IVAP's one with Lua, so when I set it to standby in the NGX, the IVAP transponder is set to standby tooSame thing with squawk ident, but I haven't tried it online yet Let me know if I can help you with this

Guest 747-fan

NGX + IVAP external module works fine here. Same for NGX + FSInn.

For those that say they dont have crashes, can you write down what your running, apps wise, as every person i fly online with have IVAP crashes, and we all have different machines, so its not a resource issue.

For those that say they dont have crashes, can you write down what your running, apps wise, as every person i fly online with have IVAP crashes, and we all have different machines, so its not a resource issue.
what module crashes exactly?

What do you mean by sychronize Martin?... Let me know if I can help you with this
Sorry my bad - synchronizing the mode selector (Stand by-TA/RA switch). The squawk code is fine but the IVAP mode selector does not move with the NGX one.I would appreciate is you can guide what do I need to do? I have FSUIPC installed Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Sorry my bad - synchronizing the mode selector (Stand by-TA/RA switch). The squawk code is fine but the IVAP mode selector does not move with the NGX one.I would appreciate is you can guide what do I need to do? I have FSUIPC installed Thanks in advance.
Do you use keys or buttons in your joystick/yoke/panel for the transponder mode selector or do you use the NGX cockpit?Is your copy of FSUIPC4 registered?