Sign in to follow this  
dfreemanfso

Click spots for seperate windows in the VC

All, I was wondering if there are plans to add click spots to the VC to open the overehead and or radio stack in a seperate window. I have Win 7-64 and using the menu can be a little touchy. I like to have my overhead and radios in a seperate window during high work load situations to prevent me from having to do too much mouse panning. I have three monitors with TH2G and have the space. I like to keep from using the FSX menu as much as possible. I know there are click spots on the 2D panel, but didn't see any on the VC, maybe I'm missing something. Thanks, Dave Win 7(64)Sandy Bridge 26K (OC to 4.3)GTX 580 superclockedMatrox TH2G, three screens

Win 10 (64)

i7 8700K OC 5.1 GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z370x

i7 8700k OC 5.1 GHz

GTX Titan XP

All, I was wondering if there are plans to add click spots to the VC to open the overehead and or radio stack in a seperate window. I have Win 7-64 and using the menu can be a little touchy. I like to have my overhead and radios in a seperate window during high work load situations to prevent me from having to do too much mouse panning. I have three monitors with TH2G and have the space. I like to keep from using the FSX menu as much as possible. I know there are click spots on the 2D panel, but didn't see any on the VC, maybe I'm missing something. Thanks, Dave Win 7(64)Sandy Bridge 26K (OC to 4.3)GTX 580 superclockedMatrox TH2G, three screens
TO/GA has a clickspot in VC. Try the Right Click/select while waiting. You can select Pedestal and have the radios or select the O/H pedestals individually. You just have to remember to come back to the VC view the same way. The easiest way is to just press the A key and cycle to the view of choice.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

If you press the A key, it cycles through the VC views, which are: Captains seatFO's seatRear OverheadFront OverheadRadiostack/throttles

If you press the A key, it cycles through the VC views, which are: Captains seatFO's seatRear OverheadFront OverheadRadiostack/throttles
Or Shift-A to cycle backwards......Rolling Eyes.gif

TO/GA has a clickspot in VC. Try the Right Click/select while waiting. You can select Pedestal and have the radios or select the O/H panels individually. You just have to remember to come back to the VC view the same way.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

As he said, the menu's (right click, alt etc) are touchy as he's running Win 7 64 and crash sometimes. The A/Shift+A gets around this

....or get the EZdok camera from Flight1/ Leffe

I see there are clickspots on the 2D panel :POne for Aft Electronics, Overhead and another for something else.You can also lengthen the MCP If you find necessary, learning as I go along.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Shame there isn't one to go straignt to the FMC and have it looking 'straight' (as opposed to at an angle after panning to it with the hatswitch and zooming in to program it etc.) Is there a way to create this and add it to the 'A' views list? That would be very useful during flight...... Toni.

Shame there isn't one to go straignt to the FMC and have it looking 'straight' (as opposed to at an angle after panning to it with the hatswitch and zooming in to program it etc.) Is there a way to create this and add it to the 'A' views list? That would be very useful during flight...... Toni.
I think there are tools out there for creating new views, so creating one for the FMC should be easy.

Shift 1-9 is the answer....thanks Koyann. The A key only cycles through views. It doesn't open new windows like the Shift+ numbers. I'm all set now. There is a click spot on the FMC that will open it in 2D mode, but that's the only one I know of. Thanks, Dave

Win 10 (64)

i7 8700K OC 5.1 GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z370x

i7 8700k OC 5.1 GHz

GTX Titan XP

Shift 3 gives you the FMC, in the VC. Just as you asked for. Martin Wilby

I just click on the CDU in the VC.........I think it's what you're referring to??

Shift 3 gives you the FMC, in the VC. Just as you asked for. Martin Wilby
Many thanks Martin - I must have missed that in the docs... Toni.