Sign in to follow this  
maf

Menu bar in FSX

Hi there. First of all, I did not intend on buying the 737NGX, I just bought the Md11, and recently got a new computer with FSX installed, so I decided it was time to stop buying every add-onavailable, but this was to good to not try out. What can I say? It was totally worth 70 bucks.. I was floored by the details you put in to this aircraft, and the frames took no hit at all!!For me, that was astonishing! Thank you PMDG team, you are excellent! Anyways, im just having a strange problem. Ive never had this before I bought the 737NGX (and ive been using FSX for dozens of hours up until now). The problemis that the menu bar will not show at all when im flying the 737. I try to press Alt, and even try to right click my mouse, but no menus will show whatsoever. If that is a problem related to the NGX isnot easy to tell, but because it occurred after the NGX was installed, and only occurs when im using it, its easy to blame this product. Any ideas?

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

In fact, when you hit the ALT button you should see the bar or hide the bar. It's not related to NGX add-on. It didn't happen to me at least or never heard of it. Did you install the last fix? If this issue still occurs, please uninstall the FSX, clear the AppData folder inside which is related to FSX and then re-install it.

In fact, when you hit the ALT button you should see the bar or hide the bar. It's not related to NGX add-on. It didn't happen to me at least or never heard of it. Did you install the last fix? If this issue still occurs, please uninstall the FSX, clear the AppData folder inside which is related to FSX and then re-install it.
Yes, normally the bar would show or hide when I press the Alt key, but thats not the case when im flying the NGX, thats the problem, it just disappears all together. Ive been testing it forth and back before i came here to make a post about it. I downloaded and installed the AC yesterday, so i supposed it contained all the newest fixes? If it didnt then thats my mistake.

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

The fixes aren't included in main package so you need to install the latest one seperately.

The fixes aren't included in main package so you need to install the latest one seperately.
Aren´t they?? (If he d/l the installer just recently as he said)....what I heard the latest cumulativ hotfix is then included. / Leffe

Does it say this somewhere on pmdg`s website? I couldnt find anything related to hotfixes not being implemented into the newest version of the ngx.

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

It happened tome once yesterday, but was OK after I restarted FSX. I suspect it is a memory overflow problem. It had never happened before in many hours of flying. Did you try it with another plane? Henri

Henri Arsenault

The current download includes the third hotfix. One way to be certain is to check the version number after installing, should be 2922.

I thought this was already cleared up. Read me from original release:
======================================================================PMDG 737-800/900NGX for FSX VERSION v1.00.2888 FSX RELEASE VERSION FSX 04AUG11 READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT 2000Z=====================================================================
Read me the most recent download available at the PMDG website:
======================================================================PMDG 737-800/900NGX for FSX VERSION v1.00.2922 FSX RELEASE VERSION FSX 16AUG11 READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT 1000Z======================================================================
As you can see from the PMDG Read Me text file the hotfixes are applied to the most recent download. If you look closely it is actually more updated (is that grammatically correct? It sounds wrong.) then the HotFix 3 patch which brings you to version 1.00.2916. Okay, so, the myth that the current download is not fully up-to-date should be dispelled once and for all.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I thought this was already cleared up. Read me from original release: Read me the most recent download available at the PMDG website: As you can see from the PMDG Read Me text file the hotfixes are applied to the most recent download. If you look closely it is actually more updated (is that grammatically correct? It sounds wrong.) then the HotFix 3 patch which brings you to version 1.00.2916. Okay, so, the myth that the current download is not fully up-to-date should be dispelled once and for all.
Hotfix 3 is 2922

Hotfix 3 is 2922
I didn't know that, I was just taking the information from the official post here. I guess that Mr. Randazzo didn't update the information. Either way the point is the same. The most recent download from PMDG is the current with HotFixes. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344645-latest-hot-fix-updated-16aug11-please-read/

Edward Smoker Sr.

you have to read a little farther down. "Captains-On 15AUG11, we made a HotFix (1.00.2916) available to you and recommended that everyone install it.During the day on Monday, Ryan discovered that we had left something in the build that is part of our efforts to determine why some customers on non US-English versions of Windows have trouble activating.This necessitated a replacement of this hotfix- so I have just made HotFix (1.00.2922) available for you via the link below."

It happened tome once yesterday, but was OK after I restarted FSX. I suspect it is a memory overflow problem. It had never happened before in many hours of flying. Did you try it with another plane? Henri
Hi. I did try with other AC`s and had no problems with the menu bar then (Flight1 Mustang and ATR). Im gonna try flying the NGX without hiding the menu bar to see if that helps. Also, what happened was that my breaks stopped working just as well (both park brake and std brakes). Unsure if this is related to the menu bar disappearing. I switched on the "show brake message" in the cfg and when the problem occured again (i.e no menu bar, no brakes), there where no brake message glowing while I was hammering them on landing.

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB