Sign in to follow this  
FS Hub

My golden tips against "crash to desktop"

Hello captains, Since many people are having problems with the issue crashing to desktop, I recommend you to give my tips a try: - Treat Flight Simulator well: if your computer has some problems with loading for a few secondes (you get for a few secondes heavy lagg/low fps), then don't go switching views everytime. Pause the game for a few secondes so your computer gets some time to load.- If you want to go to the menu, first of all press P to pause the game. Then click at a menu. When done, press P again and continue flying. I discovered that if you want to go to the menu or want to replay your flight, everytime flight simulator crashed. But if you pause the game and then go to the menu's, most time it won't crash.- Don't go too fast. If you open the overhead panel (shift+6) you notice that your computer needs a few secondes to open it and to load it. Have some patience and don't go too fast with opening en closing it. Try it and let me hear =)

I'll give it a try, cause I get a CTD most times when I want to go on FSRecorder. I'll give you a feedback later tonight.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

My TIPS : Close all background programs you don't need, at all.Be easy on the plane, give it time to respond.Take a bath before your flight and relieve stress.Delete all those programs you never use, don't be a hoarder, you see that Aerosoft Airbus X? Yeah that, delete it, you've got the NGX now, see those 10,000+ songs? Those have to go somewhere else buddy.Start >Run >msconfig >Startup Enable those that you need :3The rest you don't. In all honesty, my processes tab seriously has about 10 Processes at any given time You can to :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

My tip is that you should always be in the VC when going back to menu in FSX. Helps me and no CTD /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello captains, Since many people are having problems with the issue crashing to desktop, I recommend you to give my tips a try: - Treat Flight Simulator well: if your computer has some problems with loading for a few secondes (you get for a few secondes heavy lagg/low fps), then don't go switching views everytime. Pause the game for a few secondes so your computer gets some time to load.- If you want to go to the menu, first of all press P to pause the game. Then click at a menu. When done, press P again and continue flying. I discovered that if you want to go to the menu or want to replay your flight, everytime flight simulator crashed. But if you pause the game and then go to the menu's, most time it won't crash.- Don't go too fast. If you open the overhead panel (shift+6) you notice that your computer needs a few secondes to open it and to load it. Have some patience and don't go too fast with opening en closing it. Try it and let me hear =)
Those are actually excellent tips Steven. Maybe obvious for some, but easily forgotten by many of us in the heat of flying.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

One of my more painful tips (cause it got me very frustrated with FSX):If you have appcrash or BEX crashes remove the ENB series! It is not a fix for everyone, but removing it has helped me out 1000% with CTDs (As in I get none... ever)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I had several ctd`s with error from the g3d.dll-module after hotfix-3, but no crash without my weather-software (ASE with SP3).After reducing the cloud layers to 4 (8 before) and reducing Max_Texture-Load to 2048 (from 4096 like PMDG said) in fsx.cfg everything works fine and the graphics are as good as before (in my opinion!) Lars