Sign in to follow this  
lagraf05

Flight Planning

Hi, I recently got the 737 NGX and it is a superlative piece of design, quite how PMDG managed to make it so FPS friendly whilst at the same time being so complicated is beyond me, amazing work :)However I need some help as regards flight planning, as you can imagine going into the FSX map and manually planning the route is very tedious, so could you recommend several IFR flight planners that work with the NGX FMC? Or even ones that simply give the route/SIDS/STARS that need to be flown, so that I can manually input the data into the computer. Thanks Raffaele

aerosoft Flight Sim Commander. Creates PMDG flight plans with sid/star/transition that can be loaded through CO Route in the FMC

North American real world flight plans from www.flightaware.com www.simroutes.com for flight plans approved by Vatsim ATC. Vroute is also a good option. www.vataware.com will show you routes other Vatsim pilots have recently filed. You will find a variety of routes but with looking at a few different pilots will quickly find similar routes that are good. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

FSBuild (probably the best there is)

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

...if we pretend for a moment that Flight Sim Commander and AivlaSoft EFB don't exist. Trevor

...if we pretend for a moment that Flight Sim Commander and AivlaSoft EFB don't exist. Trevor
+1and pfpx for the future :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

but I wont necessarily use aivlasoft efb for route planing ... but for the other features ...planing the route with a dedicated routeplaner like fsc or fsbuild is better? and a lot easier

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Aivlasoft is great if you can make it worth its price tag.
Like I tell my wife, you get what you pay for. Looking for the cheapest product there is is fine when it comes to commodities, like peanut butter. When it comes to FSX addons, price should be secondary to quality. And, the philosophy works both ways. I won't buy a particular addon simply because it's cheaper than the alternative, just like I won't buy an addon simply because it's more expensive than the alternative. Look no further than Ariane.Trevor

Hello Raffaele,there is no need to part with any money,As long as you have an internet connection, look at my post for free flightplans Free way of creating PMDG flightplansYou need to do some copy and pasting,but if you are getting European flight-plans then this is a must.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Wow. Thanks for all your contributions, just for your information I'm now using either Vataware and RouteFinder if one of them fails in finding a route. It has not let me down yet. This has solved a huge headache for me, so thank you everyone.

EuroFPL (http://www.eurofpl.eu/) is a good, free source for real-world European IFR flight plans. You need to register (free) as an "aviation enthusiast", when asked about your license details just input "-".

I would second the various comments on Flight Sim Commander, a great product. pfpx also looks good, but is having a rather prolonged gestation.

Ian R Tyldesley

I just purchased Fsbuild but can not insert an intersection into the flight plan. I ca insert vor and nbd but not intersections.Can you help?There might be an easy to use manual somewhere!Cheers