Sign in to follow this  
Adam106

CTD with climb derate

I've spent a frustrating two afternoons investigating a crash to desktop situation when selecting a climb derate in the FMC. The crash occurs whenever you select a CLB 1 or CLB 2 derate in the FMC preflight. Upon reaching the set thrust reduction altitude FSX will CTD. This crash is 100% repeatable without fail - I've done over 20 test flights now. The normal CLB setting does not cause the CTD. Interestingly it only happens with the 800WL aircraft - not the other 3 models. For this reason I believe it's not a problem with my system or config. Must be a bug. Anyone else found this? Adam Turley

I've spent a frustrating two afternoons investigating a crash to desktop situation when selecting a climb derate in the FMC. The crash occurs whenever you select a CLB 1 or CLB 2 derate in the FMC preflight. Upon reaching the set thrust reduction altitude FSX will CTD. This crash is 100% repeatable without fail - I've done over 20 test flights now. The normal CLB setting does not cause the CTD. Interestingly it only happens with the 800WL aircraft - not the other 3 models. For this reason I believe it's not a problem with my system or config. Must be a bug. Anyone else found this? Adam Turley
I've had this on one saved flight I use and also a couple of other times now on the 800 (non WL). For me the ONLY way to stop the crash is to "Hard Code" the thrust reduction altitude into the CDU and not accept the default value. So when on page 2 of the Take Off pages, re-input the value so that it comes up in large font. Try that and get back to me as I think you are the only other person I've seen with this problem. Dan.