Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

New York Scenery?

Are there any GOOD NY scenery addons to be had out there? I'd like to try some EXPRESSWAY VISUAL RWY 31 LGA approaches in the PMDG NGX How about perhaps the airport plus some high quality photo scenery? Any recommendations gratefully received Thanks

Manhattan X

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Ah, I'd forgotten all about that Aerosoft title. I had it when launched but it brought my E6850 to it's knees and I got a refund as I recall. Running a better PC now, so will take a look. I'll check the NY City pack too, thanks

I use the following add ons together:- Mega Scenery New York City Pack- ImagineSim La Guardia- FSDT JFK- Aerosoft Manhattan X They work great together, makes flying into New York a completely different experience.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks Benjammin Does indeed look like a great mix there. I've just purchased the MegaScenery Pack and ManhattanX, and I'm sorely tempted to for the others too. Makes for an extremely expensive approch thoughLOL.gif

I still haven't gotten manhattan x yet but will soon hopefully in a few weeks had it for fs9 main reason I didn't get it at the time was frame rates my system just wasn't that good but that was awhile ago when it first came out, have lived right across the Hudson river in new jersey I grew up with that skyline for half of my life I do miss it very much. Phil when you get a chance let me know the frame rates are should be ok. kinda sucks I did miss a sale aerosoft had going on it. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Cesar: On FPS: I still is very hard for my machine. That said, your machine is newer and better. Generally, I get between 10 and 15 FPS with most addons at KJFK, but it depends a lot on what direction I'm looking. I have had that I had 8FPS when taxiing in the direction of Manhattan, along the Delta terminal. However, if I would have been taxiing in the other direction, to the ocean, I could have 15 - 20FPS. On approaxh I tend to have about 12 with most aircraft. So, all things considered, I think you'd have 16 - 20 in most cases? Of course, that's still an educated guess, but better than nothing, eh?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I still haven't gotten manhattan x yet but will soon hopefully in a few weeks had it for fs9 main reason I didn't get it at the time was frame rates my system just wasn't that good but that was awhile ago when it first came out, have lived right across the Hudson river in new jersey I grew up with that skyline for half of my life I do miss it very much. Phil when you get a chance let me know the frame rates are should be ok. kinda sucks I did miss a sale aerosoft had going on it. sad.png
Just downloaded & installed the NYC Pack & ManhattanX. Shouldn't be doing, as I quite unwell just now, BUT did do quick spin around DT NYC in just the default Cessna. I use the external frame rate limiter set to 30, and was actually getting 30 at most points during the 5 min flight. Not QUITE as smooth as I'm used to on this setup, but really good none the less. Downloading FSDT KJFK as I type. I swear, my doctor is gonna go nuts if he finds outWhistle.gifPraying.gif

Now you just need a hurricane to go with it :) IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest jahman

Hey, your doc might be a simmer too! (You never know, we lurk everywhere...) Have a speedy recovery! Cheers, - jahman.

Cesar: On FPS: I still is very hard for my machine. That said, your machine is newer and better. Generally, I get between 10 and 15 FPS with most addons at KJFK, but it depends a lot on what direction I'm looking. I have had that I had 8FPS when taxiing in the direction of Manhattan, along the Delta terminal. However, if I would have been taxiing in the other direction, to the ocean, I could have 15 - 20FPS. On approaxh I tend to have about 12 with most aircraft. So, all things considered, I think you'd have 16 - 20 in most cases? Of course, that's still an educated guess, but better than nothing, eh?
Thanks Benjamin I was super lucky enough to get this new system this year so I'm very grateful and its been a blast I always lag behind hardware for the past few years finally at least one time Im sort of current in till Intel releases a new chip lol still missing the video card but 9600gt is doing ok so far. I figure around 20- 30 fps depending on the aircraft add-on, ah the never ending battle for smooth frames with every eye candy up high never ends lol LOL.gif
Just downloaded & installed the NYC Pack & ManhattanX. Shouldn't be doing, as I quite unwell just now, BUT did do quick spin around DT NYC in just the default Cessna. I use the external frame rate limiter set to 30, and was actually getting 30 at most points during the 5 min flight. Not QUITE as smooth as I'm used to on this setup, but really good none the less. Downloading FSDT KJFK as I type. I swear, my doctor is gonna go nuts if he finds outWhistle.gifPraying.gif
Thank you Phil, sounds about right as long as you are having fun but hope you get better Phil. wink.png

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Phil, not to get OT, I hope you're feeling better? I knew you were scheduled for surgery and hope things went well for you. :) Best regards, Jeff