Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Brakes not working

Hi,Today I had a strange problem with my NGX. I was in Frankfurt (Mega Airport Frankfurt) and I was taxying to the runway when I tried to slow my aircraft down befor going into a turn. But the 737 didn't react in any way. I have tried manual braking, the parking brake and the autobrakes. Nothing worked. First of all I thought it might be a fault my AES because the pushbacktruck didn't disconnect and I had to do that manual.But after I made it to the runway and took off, I tried to test the brakes at another airport and they didn't work there either. Does anyone know what's wrong there?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi, Try to see if you don't have any Failure onto your FMS. Maybe a "Brake Failure".

There aren't any failures active. But I just figured out that it only seems to happen when I use the Kulula livery. Or at least the Austrian, Air Berlin and Tuifly work fine for now. May there be something wrong in the settings? The Kulula is the only one I use with Carbon brakes and Short Field Package. Could it be that it's something with one of those options?

Check the brake temps?If you pushback without releasing the parking brake they will overheat.....Something I've done before with other PMDG aircraft.....

I had the same problem on a flight and if I remember correctly you could get this problem if brake pressure was applied when removing the chocks, either by you or by a bad controller calibration so maybe you should check to make sure brakes are not applied when removing the chocks.Interesting though is that when I had this problem I was also using carbon brakes and the short field package so who knows... If I get this problem again I'll try to remove those options.

Richard Åsberg

I has this condition one day ago,i check no any failures in CDU.And i try restart FSX then back to normal.

I had the same problem on a flight and if I remember correctly you could get this problem if brake pressure was applied when removing the chocks, either by you or by a bad controller calibration so maybe you should check to make sure brakes are not applied when removing the chocks. Interesting though is that when I had this problem I was also using carbon brakes and the short field package so who knows... If I get this problem again I'll try to remove those options.
I was just about to post a new topic about this problem. Discovered this one instead. Just came off a flight and brakes didnt work for me at all. Has happened quite a few times now. But what you are saying is that the problem occurs if brake pressure is applied while chocks are being removed? I had this weird thing that the park brakes message would disappear when chocks where removed, but the break message would still be there, although i had no brake power. I too was using AES out of SXM, so i suppose this may be AES pushback truck related? I did however use that yesterday and then it worked just fine. But is park brake supposed to be off when chocks are in?

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

I too was using AES out of SXM, so i suppose this may be AES pushback truck related? I did however use that yesterday and then it worked just fine. But is park brake supposed to be off when chocks are in?
Yeah, usually you should turn the parking brake off when useing the chocks because they keep the aircraft in position. So it seems that this problem is somehow related to either AES, or the Carbon brakes/Short field package.Are there more people who had this problem?

I had problems when testing hyd brake pressure gauge.Are your hydraulic systems ON?If not you will brake few times with the brake accumulator, then, no more brakes.The issue on my sytem is that restoring pressure to one or both systems will not restore brake functionality.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I had problems when testing hyd brake pressure gauge.Are your hydraulic systems ON?If not you will brake few times with the brake accumulator, then, no more brakes.The issue on my sytem is that restoring pressure to one or both systems will not restore brake functionality.
Thats interesting! My HYD press. seems just fine. The accumulator has all the juice it requires. I did try to not touch any brakes as long as chocks where in, and that worked perfectly. Still is a mystery to why youre notable to build up the pressure. As long as you got electricity to the pumps it should not be a problem.

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

I was testing the system.I manually removed hyd pressure from sys B and A, then I've used brakes while taxiing, the gauge worked showing a pressure drop at each brake push, until it is finished (accumulator precarge pressure). In that moment te plane was unable to brake. Restored HYD system(s) but still no brakes also if the gauge was giving 3000PSI.I've no problems with chokes.

Regards

Andrea Daviero