Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Saving weight = saving fuel, but PMDG didn't animate this

Hey all, So as we all know, saving weight on an airplane significantly reduces fuel burn, but the NGX doesn't have this perfected. Carbon brakes are about 600lbs lighter than steel brakes, but if you'll notice when you select carbon brakes, your ZFW doesn't decrease. Same for airstairs. They are pretty darn heavy (close to 400lbs if i remember correctly [ my memory kinda sucks so don't hold me to it]). so when you combine these to weight savers, carbon brakes, and no airstairs your NGX could be as much as 1000 lbs lighter, but unfortunately, the NGX doesn't have that animated. My question is would we see this updated in a future release, or am i some how missing it? Please comment and provide insight! Mitch bowman

We would need a different aircraft cfg for each option. Start counting combinations and thus simobject folders...

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

-Facepalm-Just one of those posts eh?I like when aircrafts are realistic, but if you find that something like this is worth posting then....I guess you just want to say ; " HAZA! i found an error you're not perfect no more! " -Nyan cat-LOL.gif But I respect your choices either way ;)

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Couldn't you add another section to the weight & balance in the aircraft.cfg, unchangeable by the PAX/Fuel. When all the heavy options are added, it's full, and say you switch to carbon brakes from steel, it removes the weight from this section. Same with removing airstairs etc.

Hey all, So as we all know, saving weight on an airplane significantly reduces fuel burn, but the NGX doesn't have this perfected. Carbon brakes are about 600lbs lighter than steel brakes, but if you'll notice when you select carbon brakes, your ZFW doesn't decrease. Same for airstairs. They are pretty darn heavy (close to 400lbs if i remember correctly [ my memory kinda sucks so don't hold me to it]). so when you combine these to weight savers, carbon brakes, and no airstairs your NGX could be as much as 1000 lbs lighter, but unfortunately, the NGX doesn't have that animated. My question is would we see this updated in a future release, or am i some how missing it? Please comment and provide insight! Mitch bowman
That 1,000 lb discrepancy constitutes roughly 0.6% of the gross weight of a 155,500 lb 737-800. That's why nobody cares.Trevor