Sign in to follow this  
andalusi

How to create a fictional waypoint using NGX?

Hi all, I am just wondering how to create a fictional waypoint using the FMS? So, for example I need a point who is 10NM away from a certain VOR on radial 120? Thanks in advance, andalusi

Already done it, in this format Lat and Long [N1000.0W02000.0] should enter correctly for example = North 10 West 020 I created North Atlantic tracks using this format . bets wishes Guinevere

Thanks Guinevere, but that`s not exactly what I am talking about.I mean in relation to a certain point like a VOR or a FIX. Hope your guys know what I am trying to say.

If you want to create a waypoint that is 10 miles on the 120 degree radial of the ABC VOR enter ABC120/10 as the waypoint.

You can create points in four different ways that i know of. -LAT LONG-PDB (place bearing distance): ABCDEbearing/distance-PB/PB (place bearing place bearing): ABCDEbearing/FGHIJbearing-Along Track (distance from point on track: TrackPoint/+-distance.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

@Omar: Number 1 till 3 I do understand very well.But can you please explain the 4th point "Along Track"? How to add this point into the FMS?

@Omar: Number 1 till 3 I do understand very well.But can you please explain the 4th point "Along Track"? How to add this point into the FMS?
Fcom VOL 2.............Page 870 " Along Track Waypoints " Easier than trying to explain it here. Fred.