Sign in to follow this  
devadip

VC Mouse look question.

Hi All As a 2D panel user I am really trying to get to grips with the VC. To look around the VC I press the spacebar and move mouse which takes two hands. I would like to activate mouse look by pressing and holding one of the mouse buttons to activate it instead of the spacebar. Is this possible ? I've had a quick look at setup but can't see how I could do it. Anyone any thoughts or answers ? Kind Regards Mark Lindley Grantham, UK

You can use the num keys it works in every vc. Or you can use TrackIR or Freetrack.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The default is SHIFT+O (the letter not the number). Its under view commands "Mouse View direction (on)", try reassigning it there.

Jay

Thx Ironmaiden Yes I am aware of this... I was hoping to use the mouse. Its been a big part of my other gaming (FPS etc) and I would love it for looking around.. just not keen on holding down the spacebar )) ps Iron Maiden .... Led Zep/ Deep Purps is proper rock :)))))) Kind Regards Mark Lindley

Thanks all for your replies..... wasn't aware of the shift o but having to switch in and out might be a pain. I think Track IR is gonna be the only solution. Regards Mark Lindley Grantham, UK

Thanks all for your replies..... wasn't aware of the shift o but having to switch in and out might be a pain. I think Track IR is gonna be the only solution. Regards Mark Lindley Grantham, UK
Just reassign it to a joystick button

Jay

Thx Ironmaiden Yes I am aware of this... I was hoping to use the mouse. Its been a big part of my other gaming (FPS etc) and I would love it for looking around.. just not keen on holding down the spacebar )) ps Iron Maiden .... Led Zep/ Deep Purps is proper rock :)))))) Kind Regards Mark Lindley
haha Led zeppelin are the favourites with deep purple child in time absolute rockers. :). Now I feel like playing stairway to heaven on the guitar :) Yeah I think it's shift+O , I use facetracknoir or freetrack or my joypad hat switch hardly use the mouse for viewing except using the scroll for trim.

I discovered how to do it when I pressed Shift +O instead of Shift+P (Pushback) It's amazing how much things you find by accident :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Shift+O, but if you want to click anywhere, you're going to have to Shift+O again to turn it off.
Or just press the Spacebar !!!

haha Led zeppelin are the favourites with deep purple child in time absolute rockers. :). Now I feel like playing stairway to heaven on the guitar :) Yeah I think it's shift+O , I use facetracknoir or freetrack or my joypad hat switch hardly use the mouse for viewing except using the scroll for trim.
Good on ya m8 )). I love playing Stairway. Try Sick Again from Physical Graffiti ))

Good on ya m8 )). I love playing Stairway. Try Sick Again from Physical Graffiti ))
I am just an intermediate player self learnt, trying to play since don't know how many years :) I will try it thanks. You should use a HAT switch if you have one on your joystick.