Sign in to follow this  
meadfoot

Worst addon I've ever brought. No more PMDG ever again

I have to say the 737NGX is the worst addon I've ever bought. I've had it for over 3 weeks now and attempted over 15 flights only once completing one without panel freezing and no response to keyboard/joystick etc. And yes I applied all 3 (non)fixes and have downloaded the file again which included the fixes. I've tried reducing the sliders in FSX to practically zero, ran ******* cfg tool and many other suggestions. We were promised and update etc TWO weeks ago and have heard nothing. If this is the way PMDG carry out service I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business years ago, its appalling. Never again will I buy products from PMDG. I've had the odd problem with other products but the producers soon fixed them. Rog

Rog Hanson

To put it simply! This post was not needed! Go Flame somewhere else. Judging by your post, There is alot more you could do as far as solutions. Derek Lane

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

I have to say the 737NGX is the worst addon I've ever brought. I've had it for over 3 weeks now and attempted over 15 flights only once completing one without panel freezing and no response to keyboard/joystick etc. And yes I applied all 3 (non)fixes and have downloaded the file again which included the fixes. I've tried reducing the sliders in FSX to practically zero, ran ******* cfg tool and many other suggestions. We were promised and update etc TWO weeks ago and have heard nothing. If this is the way PMDG carry out service I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business years ago, its appalling. Never again will I buy products from PMDG. I've had the odd problem with other products but the producers soon fixed them. Rog
???? Your experience is not representative of other PMDG customers. And, your suggestion that PMDG should be out of business makes me question your intelligence. I am nonetheless willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. 1. What are your specs?2. What programs, services and processes are running in the background?2. Have you done a clean reinstall of FSX? Trevor

I have to say the 737NGX is the worst addon I've ever brought. I've had it for over 3 weeks now and attempted over 15 flights only once completing one without panel freezing and no response to keyboard/joystick etc. And yes I applied all 3 (non)fixes and have downloaded the file again which included the fixes. I've tried reducing the sliders in FSX to practically zero, ran ******* cfg tool and many other suggestions. We were promised and update etc TWO weeks ago and have heard nothing. If this is the way PMDG carry out service I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business years ago, its appalling. Never again will I buy products from PMDG. I've had the odd problem with other products but the producers soon fixed them. Rog
Then never again will you fly the most realistic aircraft (by more than a million miles) in FS...

Then never again will you fly the most realistic aircraft (by more than a million miles) in FS...
+1

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Great addon, best I have ever added, Just want to thank PMDG for a quality addon and the support forum here that has been such a big help.

Also, I've taken a look at all of your posts and the few threads you created, and, until now, it doesn't seem that you've had that much trouble. If you have, this is the first anyone has heard about it. Did you have an out of body experience recently?

Sorry to hear it Rog. Two quick suggestions:1) Submit a ticket on the website PMDG website (if you have not)2) I'm not sure what's being worked on, but it looks like (guessing here) activation issues concurrent with a SP1. I know you spent $70 and I know "have patience" is probably NOT what you want to hear, but we are talking a small company when it comes down to it. A lot of folks are enjoying this plane and after a cool down period, I hope you will as well.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Sorry to hear it Rog. Two quick suggestions:1) Submit a ticket on the website PMDG website (if you have not)2) I'm not sure what's being worked on, but it looks like (guessing here) activation issues concurrent with a SP1. I know you spent $70 and I know "have patience" is probably NOT what you want to hear, but we are talking a small company when it comes down to it. A lot of folks are enjoying this plane and after a cool down period, I hope you will as well.
Entirely too much deference afforded here.

The OP is, quite rightfully, entitled to express his opinion. No need for others to get protectionist about the ngx, pmdg etc. Some people have issues and some don't and $70 is alot to loose if it doesn't work

You mean I should jump on the band wagon of snarky comments?I think you guys have that wrapped up pretty well. Additionally, the person is frustrated. I guess you don't get frustrated...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Brought ??Where did you bring it to ? Well there's only one other option for you Rog !!!!! LMAO.gif

You mean I should jump on the band wagon of snarky comments?I think you guys have that wrapped up pretty well. Additionally, the person is frustrated. I guess you don't get frustrated...
Frustrated he may be, that doesn't mean he can come and talk down on an award winning company, saying how he's surprised they've gone out of business and how their products are terrible. If he's so upset with how rubbish the NGX and PMDG's products are, he can go buy the iFly/Ariane NG and compare for himself. Simply put, PMDG and the supporting members have enough on their plate helping POLITE and well mannered members with their issues without having to deal with the forum troll

I too would suggest, you bring a ticket up and call for service. Flaming never ever helped any! I too have some issues with the NGX but hey, it is the deepest simulation ever, yet. And if you haven't noticed by now: We live in the 21st century.PC-Software is so complex by now, it is hardly ever possible it runs on every configuration out there withoutthe slightest issue. I think, maybe you go and buy three books: Aerosofts PMDG 737 NG "You have control", Boeing 737NG FMC User's Guide and 737NG Copckpit Companion.Buy the time you are through those three, you will find the PMDG site contain not only the SP1 but also the 600/700 versions and maybe one or two tweaks to the "old" 700/800 version, too. Take a breath.Calm down.Wait.Relax! Time will bring reliefe to any of us! You'll see! Mario.