Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

What do you know...another frozen panel

Another landing just now and another panel freeze while FSX hums along in the background with no issues. Just absolutely fed up with this software. Over three years and yet it still has a showstopper bug and yet even though numerous people are reporting it, not one flipping word from pmdg. If pmdg was a brick and mortar store, I would have returned with the receipt. Not even saying anything to the numerous people having this issue which basically forces one to shut down FSX to reset everything is pitiful. Far be it for RSR or anyone to grace their own forums to at least let us know what is going on with this major bug!

Eric 

3 hotfixes in 3 1/2 weeks & they've said they're working directly with a group of users with freeze issues trying to replicate the issue on their end, but can't duplicate it. That suggests to me that it's likely something to do with the user's system, something isn't set up correctly & just didn't surface until the NGX put a larger demand on things.

3 hotfixes in 3 1/2 weeks & they've said they're working directly with a group of users with freeze issues trying to replicate the issue on their end, but can't duplicate it. That suggests to me that it's likely something to do with the user's system, something isn't set up correctly & just didn't surface until the NGX put a larger demand on things.
Not so sure i agree, if you are saying its individual system set up. In other words, people overdoing it with their settings. I think there is more to it. My apologies if that's not what you mean.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can reproduce it every time landing at KATL when using the HGS. The one time I did land at KATL without getting a freeze was when I did not use the HGS. As an aside and like many others, never got this freeze with the original d/l. Only with the HF's applied. Unfortunately I no longer have the original because I overwrote it with the HF3 full installer.

Eric 

Well, I see someone from pmdg finally gave a response about the panel freeze issue in the "worst addon ever thread" in which the OP complained about the freezing issue that was locked. From Ryan: "if you're just coming here to complain about an issue that a tiny percentage of people are experiencing (and on that is almost surely system specific)" Well, a believe it is more than a "tiny percentage" but sounds to me that they are under the impression that nothing is wrong with their software that is causing these panel freezes and it most surely be something with the user's computer. Just wow, I guess an I7 975 @ 3.33 GHz quad core with 2GB worth of video card power on W7 64 bit is apparently the culprit.... So one would presume that pmdg thus is not going to do anything about this issue if they are thinking its us and not them with the problem??

Eric 

helloI paid $ 69.99 this plane I have never been able to complete a flight. or even never have taken off the plane finally I uninstall it should not be a solution.cordially

3 hotfixes in 3 1/2 weeks & they've said they're working directly with a group of users with freeze issues trying to replicate the issue on their end, but can't duplicate it.
They may have had 3 hotfixes in 3 1/2 weeks but we've heard absolutely nothing in the stickied thread in the past 2 weeks.For 2 weeks we don't know what kind of progress they've made because no one bothered to tell us. I think that's what is frustrating for most.

Another landing just now and another panel freeze while FSX hums along in the background with no issues. Just absolutely fed up with this software. Over three years and yet it still has a showstopper bug and yet even though numerous people are reporting it, not one flipping word from pmdg. If pmdg was a brick and mortar store, I would have returned with the receipt. Not even saying anything to the numerous people having this issue which basically forces one to shut down FSX to reset everything is pitiful. Far be it for RSR or anyone to grace their own forums to at least let us know what is going on with this major bug!
I have to agree a little, even after every hotfix i still get panel freezes every one in three flights or so... extremely annoying!

+1. Have a suspicion this has to do with system power consumption driven by graphics demand with this AC. I have several powered USB attached racks and notice that the USBs are dropping in and out consistent with the 'freeze'. I am going to install a higher watt power supply and see if that helps.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

It happens in about one in every five flights for me.No rhyme or reason.Plug and pray at its finest Praying.gif

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Well, I see someone from pmdg finally gave a response about the panel freeze issue in the "worst addon ever thread" in which the OP complained about the freezing issue that was locked. From Ryan: "if you're just coming here to complain about an issue that a tiny percentage of people are experiencing (and on that is almost surely system specific)" Well, a believe it is more than a "tiny percentage" but sounds to me that they are under the impression that nothing is wrong with their software that is causing these panel freezes and it most surely be something with the user's computer. Just wow, I guess an I7 975 @ 3.33 GHz quad core with 2GB worth of video card power on W7 64 bit is apparently the culprit.... So one would presume that pmdg thus is not going to do anything about this issue if they are thinking its us and not them with the problem??
Actually Eric, the 2GB of video memory may be part of it. Please answer my PM so we can try something here... 2GB of video memory means that at max only 2GB of virtual address space is left for the sim to run in. I know it doesn't seem logical that having a better video card could hurt here, but in this case it does. Old 32-bit DX9 apps like FSX have a hard 4GB limit on VAS even on 64-bit Windows and the mapped video memory counts against the total. I had one guy at support getting freezes with two 1GB cards in Crossfire - he removed one and the freezes stopped. This cannot be a code flaw in the NGX if I can go fly the exact same flights and not see the freeze, that isn't how programming works. If it's a logic problem or error in the code it should affect anyone who takes the same steps as the person getting the freeze. That's not what we are seeing here - I have been completely unable to reproduce any freeze that's been reported to us since release. If you don't believe me you are welcome to come fly the airplane on my system remotely through TeamViewer to see for yourself. I have absolutely no reason to lie about this - do you guys really think we'd have released knowing about this issue? Ask any beta tester - none of us or the test team saw this. My comment to that other guy by the way was in reference to the way he never even asked for help but instead came in here yelling at us instead of trying to constructively help. Please don't selectively leave out the other half of my comment if you're going to quote me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Actually Eric, the 2GB of video memory may be part of it. Please answer my PM so we can try something here... 2GB of video memory means that at max only 2GB of virtual address space is left for the sim to run in. I know it doesn't seem logical that having a better video card could hurt here, but in this case it does. Old 32-bit DX9 apps like FSX have a hard 4GB limit on VAS even on 64-bit Windows and the mapped video memory counts against the total. I had one guy at support getting freezes with two 1GB cards in Crossfire - he removed one and the freezes stopped. This cannot be a code flaw in the NGX if I can go fly the exact same flights and not see the freeze, that isn't how programming works. If it's a logic problem or error in the code it should affect anyone who takes the same steps as the person getting the freeze. That's not what we are seeing here - I have been completely unable to reproduce any freeze that's been reported to us since release. If you don't believe me you are welcome to come fly the airplane on my system remotely through TeamViewer to see for yourself. I have absolutely no reason to lie about this - do you guys really think we'd have released knowing about this issue? Ask any beta tester - none of us or the test team saw this. My comment to that other guy by the way was in reference to the way he never even asked for help but instead came in here yelling at us instead of trying to constructively help. Please don't selectively leave out the other half of my comment if you're going to quote me.
Ryan,I built my system this year based mostly on your recommendations on the forum. I am having the same issues that others are complaining about here. I don't know how PMDG can assume only a small percentage of people are having problems when you have told us you have enough samples now and not to submit our problems to PMDG. see my post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/346777-oom-ctd-and-freeze/page__fromsearch__1 Don Maxwell

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

i think then what we need is a sticky with exact specs of your guys [PMDG and willing beta testers] systems down to actual component part numbers for those of us needing to build faster rigs for the NGX.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Dear Ryan,thank you very much for your statement.Please apologize but I disagree.First of all let me say that the NGX is the best simulation I ever saw. It is what I've been waiting for.But I want to fly this airplane.Me too I have those panel freezes. I have a pure FSX installation, no further addon. I have the PMDG J41 and it works for hours without any issue. No freeze, nothing.With the NGX I have those freezes. It was better with Hotfix 2 and was getting worse with Hotfix 3.From what I can read in this and other forums I think that many people see theses freezes and are getting more and more frustrated. Same here with me.And again I disagree when you say that it can't be an error in your code. Please explain us why most of us have absolutely no problem with other airplanes but only with the NGX?Errors in complex software not always can be reproduced by doing the same step again and again. Can you do exactly the same steps within FSX on another flight? I doubt that.So Ryan. Please take this issue seriously. We want to fly this incredible aircraft.Thank you very much.Robert Frisch

I went through this same issue. I have 8GB of ram but FSX can only use 4 of it. So unfortunetely I was told I need to reduce some settings to keep it under or around the 4GB limit for FSX. However your situation maybe different.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10