Sign in to follow this  
ga

Any wrong with this pictures on my panel!

All startet up from cold&dark and ready for pusch back. Just wounder about the following light"APU gen lights" have i manage to shut off my APU? Why dos it light up in blur or at all?"Ram Door fully open" the other 2 blue lights up right, think i was it says what is it? Or any other you guys se is wrong?

It looks like you have started the engines and transferred the electrical bus to the engine driven generators. This then causes the APU to disconnect from the bus, hence the 'APU off bus' light. At this point just turn off the APU as you don't need it. (unless you are doing an ETOPS flight)

Yes I have started both engine and all is ready for taxi, how do I turn off the APU pleas ;)

I assume you have switched the APU on using the switch just to the left of the engine start knobs. To switch the APU on you would have switched this down (momentarily). To switch it off, just switch it upwards (right click)

Same button you used to start it. Just click it to off. You might also want to read the PMDG tutorial. Helps a lot, it does that one.

Cristi Neagu

The RAM air doors are inlets on the outside of the aircraft which are used to draw in air for the air conditioning packs. These amount these doors can open is variable depending on the cooling requirements. On the ground then these are fully open to allow maximum cooling. As you climb these should automatically adjust as required and these lights should extinguishOh and one more thing I noticed from your picture. You probably want to close the cover guards on the following.Battery switchEmergency exit lightsStandby power Just in case they get switched accidentally in flight.

ok thx Gents,I have tryed turn APU off by right click both APU knobs, but nothing happends I think, how do you see if the APU is off, wil the light goe off? Roger on RAM door, thx ;)

ok thx Gents,I have tryed turn APU off by right click both APU knobs, but nothing happends I think, how do you see if the APU is off, wil the light goe off? Roger on RAM door, thx ;)
is the APU switch all the way up? if it is in the middle could be on. Also check the EGT APU gauge just above the switch, if its says 0 then its off. Edit: the switch that turns the APU off are not the two bus switches. How do you turn the APU ON? use the same switch to turn it off. Do you read the OFF label on that switch. If you put the switch to match that label it will turn the APU OFF. Please, do the tutorial. It will help you.

OK you can tell if the APU is off by checking the Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) dial for the APU. It us the one just above and left of the APU switch. When you switch it off the EGT will fall.

If your doing Etops over the ocean at what altitude do your turn the APU bleed off, if the APU is still running the entire flight. Do you do dual bleed on takeoff and do you just turn the apu bleed off on take off and leave it off rest of the fllight?

Og Gents, I feel stupid , hmmm ofcourse just turn APU to Off and after 1 min its falls to 0 :D hmm dont know were my head was :D Thx all ;)