Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

EZDok

Guys and Gals Anyone got a clue where I can get help on EZDok. I just cannot get it to work. There is no category here in Avsim for EZDok.So maybe someone here knows whom to ask or naybe you know something that will help me. This is so frustrating.@*&%£$"^&()&^&£%^$@::*£$&$ Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Guys and Gals Anyone got a clue where I can get help on EZDok. I just cannot get it to work. There is no category here in Avsim for EZDok.So maybe someone here knows whom to ask or naybe you know something that will help me. This is so frustrating.@*&%£$"^&()&^&£%^$@::*£$&$ Thx Ian
Can you tell us what you are having problems with?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well I'll try my bestFirst I installed version 1.15and then added 1.17. I run the config tool . I then start FSX and deleted all the assignments in the k/board and joystick department. So all by bookI then followed the instructions of Eric Kruegers VideoBut that is where it all starts going wrongin his video he shows that the ezdok is started and my FSX goes straight in 'flight sim is paused'. I found that strange. The next thing is that hitting any of the camera views in ezdok will not change anything in FSX. As i said if i open the studio fsx goes in to pause. When i assign anything to the joystick nothing will work no view and if there should be a change i think one button on my joystick changed a view it was showing nonsense. somewhere half in the plane and half out at the bottom. but that was the only other view i hadin 3 d nothing will happen Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Sounds like you have pause on task switch selected in your general settings within FS,

http://www.flyaoamed...z-camera-setup/
Well I'll try my bestFirst I installed version 1.15and then added 1.17. I run the config tool . I then start FSX and deleted all the assignments in the k/board and joystick department. So all by bookI then followed the instructions of Eric Kruegers VideoBut that is where it all starts going wrongin his video he shows that the ezdok is started and my FSX goes straight in 'flight sim is paused'. I found that strange. The next thing is that hitting any of the camera views in ezdok will not change anything in FSX. As i said if i open the studio fsx goes in to pause. When i assign anything to the joystick nothing will work no view and if there should be a change i think one button on my joystick changed a view it was showing nonsense. somewhere half in the plane and half out at the bottom. but that was the only other view i hadin 3 d nothing will happen Thx Ian
Could take a few posts back and fourth but anyway, to srart with, make sure as Dave said that pause on task switch is unchecked. Next., have you done 'all' of the preliminary settings as layed out in page 8 of the user manual? It's impotant.Am i to assume that you want to use this on the 737NGX? If you are then you might want to start by downloading and installing this profile set put out by Nick over at Angle Of Attack (They are superb). When you get that far, if you are still stuck, post back. Edit: OOPS forgot your link. It's at the top.

Rick Hobbs

Occasionally I find the clicks on camera views do nothing, though this happens less now. All I do or did is open the EZCA Config tool and hit the RESTORE button. The hit the CONFIGURE FSX button again and its all back to normal. I then load in a profile I got from this forum and all is hunky dory. Don`t know if this helps but its how it got sorted for me. Steve

Forgive me if I've missed something but this should probably be in the general FSX forum section unless its an issue you're specifically experiencing with the NGX.

http://www.flyaoamed...z-camera-setup/ Could take a few posts back and fourth but anyway, to srart with, make sure as Dave said that pause on task switch is unchecked. Next., have you done 'all' of the preliminary settings as layed out in page 8 of the user manual? It's impotant.Am i to assume that you want to use this on the 737NGX? If you are then you might want to start by downloading and installing this profile set put out by Nick over at Angle Of Attack (They are superb). When you get that far, if you are still stuck, post back. Edit: OOPS forgot your link. It's at the top.
Dear RickThx for the good advice. I will try this hopefully this evening once I am back from work and will let you know how things are developing.
Forgive me if I've missed something but this should probably be in the general FSX forum section unless its an issue you're specifically experiencing with the NGX.
Dan You might be right but who cares. Someone has found this and answered. That's what matters to me. And if people search for the tags they will come across this at the end of the day

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

As was mentioned in my post, i assume this is for the 737NGX. Therefore as there is no real catagory for EzDok Camera, i see no harm. Take a look through some of the threads in this forum and you will see far worse abuse than this. Finally, the the link i posted for Ian is directly connected to the operation of the 737NGX i.e. a profile specifically created for use with the PMDG 737NGX.Kind Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I strongly commend the suggestion of using the ezca ngx profile files on the AoA page. Just a thought, are you using windowed mode for fsx? I'm pretty sure that you need to use windowed mode for ezca setup. cheers, jeff hunter

Jeff Hunter

I strongly commend the suggestion of using the ezca ngx profile files on the AoA page. Just a thought, are you using windowed mode for fsx? I'm pretty sure that you need to use windowed mode for ezca setup. cheers, jeff hunter
Yes i am using windowed mode, but not really specifically for EzDok. I am using the Antilag FPS limiter and it doesn't like switching back and fourth between full & windowed too much. If you are not using Antilag you can just ALT+ENT when fiddling with EzDok settings.

Rick Hobbs

Yes i am using windowed mode, but not really specifically for EzDok. I am using the Antilag FPS limiter and it doesn't like switching back and fourth between full & windowed too much. If you are not using Antilag you can just ALT+ENT when fiddling with EzDok settings.
My apologies to Jeff. I believe the question re windowed mode was directed to Ian. Yes that is a good point. You must be in windowed mode to edit.

Rick Hobbs

My apologies to Jeff. I believe the question re windowed mode was directed to Ian. Yes that is a good point. You must be in windowed mode to edit.
RightSo I have done it all fresh exactly as said. I changed the switch in FSX so it doesn't pause anymore (learned something new again)I downloaded the files from AOA and saved them to the ezca system.andNope nothing worksd. Just the same as before. If i hit any camera it stays were it is. If i go to the Aircraft cameras it changes to one that is in the middle of the aircraft and stays there doesn't matter what i hit and when i go to world which is empty it goes somewhere in the world but nothing more happens.So what are the next stepsThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better