Sign in to follow this  
ANAMIV

Nvidia GTX285 failure and immediate recovery.

Hi,Strange one this! FSX crash and msg on screen...."graphics card has failed, almost immediately followed by FSX recovery and msg on screen".... graphics card failed and has now recovered..." There is no interruption in FSX prog' running! Maybe it is my memory but I thinkiI have seenthis previously reported with this card; anyone else?, and comments please.A self thought.... could it be a specific keyboard command or control button? WIN7-HP, 32 bit. GigTech EX58-UD3R. 2.67 Intel Core i7 920.Mem 2-204 Mb. My regards Wiggins.

Have you overclocked the card ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi, and thanks for quick reply; but my answer is no! regards Wiggins
Hmmm ok, have overclocked your system like the CPU and memory ? What about Nvidia drivers ? Is there any heating ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Could be the cards overheating and shutting itself down to prevent damage. Monitor the temps and see if you can replicate. Also, are you on latest drivers? Did you fresh install the drivers?

Hi,Strange one this! FSX crash and msg on screen...."graphics card has failed, almost immediately followed by FSX recovery and msg on screen".... graphics card failed and has now recovered..." There is no interruption in FSX prog' running! Maybe it is my memory but I thinkiI have seenthis previously reported with this card; anyone else?, and comments please.A self thought.... could it be a specific keyboard command or control button? WIN7-HP, 32 bit. GigTech EX58-UD3R. 2.67 Intel Core i7 920.Mem 2-204 Mb. My regards Wiggins.
Try using the nvidia control panel to force the GPU fan to work at 100% even under relatively light load. This worked for me with my gtx285.Tim

HelloPull that graphics card out and blow all of the dust out of it.

Hi Your videocard fan is not speeding up. I had the same problem and had todownload nvidia'a tools so I could manually set the VC fan speed.I set the fan speed to 100% before running FSX and problem solved. Hope this helps Arnold

Use the nVidia Inspectors overclocking settings to increase fan speed

Hi to all.Thanks for all replies will action and hope to get results! regards Wiggins

Wow!Seems I uncovered a "Hornet's nest" here! Appears it is a wide spread problem .I have ended up with a 5-page printout after "Googling". Came across "nZone Hardware Discussion Archive"in which appeared an extensive discussion and tried remedies by "Uncle Seaweed"!Plenty to chew on! Wiggins.

Just be careful with what the "remedies" do. Make sure you know what each will do and each is safe to do

Hi to DIAgron Thanks for cautionarynote. I will take due heed and "dig deep" before doing anything. Regards Wiggins

I'm pretty sure that this problem stems from an error with the GPU core processor and not memory. Generally you will see graphic corruptions if the memory is OCK'ld too high. Usually spiking. Since getting the 580 I have not seen the error that the OP is getting but it happened all the time with the 285 and 460. Heat may be the cuprit when all is said and done as the 580 runs much cooler than my older GPU's.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hi jjaAt this stage of my search and enquiry it does appear that card's GPU temperature or fan speedlies at the heart of the problem.As in my previous post I am still pondering a decision. I may well opt for a higher grade card but Iwould stick with Nvidia. I think the 580 would top the list of choice. regards Wiggins