Sign in to follow this  
darco666

Help needed with UTX and VFR GenX please

Dear guys and girls,I have a issue with FSX that for the life of me, I cannot find any replication online via google. My problem is pretty simple, I installed Ultimate Terrain X Europe and Ground Environment X Europe together, I then decided to install the first volume of the Horizon Simulation (VFR GenX). My scenery library has the VFR GenX at the top and beneath it is UTX. When I fly around in my VFR photo area, the textures for UTX display all around me, but just underneath me the textures load from the VFR GenX package.. I have looked in my scenery.cfg file to see if there is any problems with the ordering of areas, VFR GenX is right at the bottom and above it is the UTX textures. I used a utility built for FS2002/2004 for re ordering and fixing scenery entry problems (FSTscenery from Avsim). I hope the attached pictures says a thousands words as I may have not explained it very well. In a nutshell, how do I stop UTX's textures loading on top of VFR GenX's? Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance//

UTX / GEX should be lower.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

UTX / GEX should be lower.
Yes If you refer to the screenshot I posted both UTX and GEX are below GENX.

Yes If you refer to the screenshot I posted both UTX and GEX are below GENX.
VFR is the photo scenery ? same like NL-2000 ? I think what you are seeing is GEX texture.

VFR is the photo scenery ? same like NL-2000 ?
I have VFR GenX England and Wales from Horizon Simulations installed right at the top of the scenery library for highest priority.

I have VFR GenX England and Wales from Horizon Simulations installed right at the top of the scenery library for highest priority.
GEX for VFR ? or is it the plain GEX ?

GEX for VFR ? or is it the plain GEX ?
Ground Environment X Europe, which is not VFR scenery package, it just updates FSX's base textures.

Ground Environment X Europe, which is not VFR scenery package, it just updates FSX's base textures.
So it is current, what you are seeing is updated textures.

So it is current, what you are seeing is updated textures.
Ok, basically the textures from the Ground Environment X Europe and Ultimate Terrain X Europe should not be showing at all across the UK as I have a VFR package that covers it. The UTX and GEX textures are showing on top of the VFR GenX photo real textures. This is incorrect.. For the whole UK, my Photo real textures should be there. I hope that clears things up?

Ok, basically the textures from the Ground Environment X Europe and Ultimate Terrain X Europe should not be showing at all across the UK as I have a VFR package that covers it. The UTX and GEX textures are showing on top of the VFR GenX photo real textures. This is incorrect.. For the whole UK, my Photo real textures should be there. I hope that clears things up?
alright , can you deselect the UTX and GEX from the scenery library and check if you see the VFR Photo scenery

alright , can you deselect the UTX and GEX from the scenery library and check if you see the VFR Photo scenery
Sure, deselected all scenery entries within FSX that include ''UTX'' and just like the screenshot, they load just beneath me while I am moving. They do not load for the whole area.

Sure, deselected all scenery entries within FSX that include ''UTX'' and just like the screenshot, they load just beneath me while I am moving. They do not load for the whole area.
What are you FSX settings like LOD / Mesh resolution / terrain ?

You have only installed the high res textures in the VFR genX installer, you need to install them all or just the low res ones, you cannot install just the high res textures alone otherwise you get what you are seeing now.

Cheers, Andy.

You have only installed the high res textures in the VFR genX installer, you need to install them all or just the low res ones, you cannot install just the high res textures alone otherwise you get what you are seeing now.
Ah yes, that is why. I just remembered that I didn't install the low resolution ones. Thank you! I shall add the lower ones and report back!! Thank you both.

Ah yes, that is why. I just remembered that I didn't install the low resolution ones. Thank you! I shall add the lower ones and report back!! Thank you both.
Thank Andy. he knew what it was. :)