I tried setting historical weather in ASE so I could have the Hurricane Irene. I took awhile but at last it showed up. I went to the airport MYGW which I could see inside the Hurricane on ASE map. And also from ASE map I could find the wind being 85 kt at MYGW. First thing it took rather long time before the default weather changed and I could see the sky clouded and thunder around me but no rain at the airport. I got messages in FSX telling me that ASE updated weather.But the wind remained calm both according to FSX ATIS and the data in FSX mao view. And clearly I could see the wind being calm while taking of. I have installed the latest servicepack.

Hi, Look at the METAR in ASE on the Report screen and tell me if it reads Advanced Interpolation.

Hi, Look at the METAR in ASE on the Report screen and tell me if it reads Advanced Interpolation.
When I tried to recreate the same situation today (2011 08 26 23.30 GMT airport MYGW) the hurricane isn't visible (yet 23.40 GMT). But still yes it reads advanced interpolation.

Hi, That means that a blending of the weather conditions were being used. On the Report Screen you can click on the Interpolation Details icon to see the 4 actual stations that we are blending the weather from. Yes, they are not the nearest four stations and yes, they could be a long way away.

Hi, That means that a blending of the weather conditions were being used. On the Report Screen you can click on the Interpolation Details icon to see the 4 actual stations that we are blending the weather from. Yes, they are not the nearest four stations and yes, they could be a long way away.
So what can I do ? And why does not the hurricane show up now ?

Hi, Nothing, the hurricane has been gone for 2 days now if you are using real time weather. Don't worry another one is on the way, but too far away to predict it's path yet.

Hi, Nothing, the hurricane has been gone for 2 days now if you are using real time weather. Don't worry another one is on the way, but too far away to predict it's path yet.
I meant that I don't see the hurricane in ASE when using historical online data with the time chosen while the hurricane existed (26/8 23.30 GMT). With that historical setting it was visible before but not when I tried it again. I don't understand that.Also how could I avoid the problem with advanced interpolation?

Hi, Try reloading the historical file again. There is nothing you can do because that location is not a weather station so it is always going to be interpolated.