Sign in to follow this  
wingnut

Oh Dear

How far we have Not Come. How many years later? Nine I believe. Anyone who was around to purchase the original PMDG 737 knows exactly how buggy that product was. It took 3 or 4 major service packs to patch that thing up. But now it's 2011. Judging by all the user experiences here this one is just as buggy. If Not worse. "Crash to Desktop", "Massive Drop in Frames", "Another Frozen Panel". etc etc. Oh dear, oh dear.

Majority is the users system that's at fault. When PMDG released the NGX it was working fine on all the beta testers/dev teams systems.

Majority is the users system that's at fault. When PMDG released the NGX it was working fine on all the beta testers/dev teams systems.
The original post in this thread is disingenuous, but yours is almost as disingenuous. Yes, this is in fact an incredibly stable product that puts other developers' lame attempts to shame... however, one cannot ignore that there are a small number of users experiencing bugs unrelated to their systems.

Oh Dear Oh Dear as right !!! Today must be International Troll Day on the forums !! LOL.gifMoney%20Eyes.gifShocked.gif

It's working great here. The only serious issue I've had turned out to be something I caused myself with the code I use to map one of my throttle quadrant axes to the gear lever.Oh dear, oh dear... I love this plane!

You know you really have to stop jumping in with these sweaping statements. Were you personally involved in any of the beta testing? I think not. Why don't we just wait for PMDG to inform us as to there findings and finally, down the road just what the answer was. You nor indeed i can say that it is the falt of the product or the user. If we knew that, this forum would be a lot quieter than it has been over the past few weeks.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've been in many beta's for X and 9 and while this is somehow the case it's not fair to always say it's the users fault. The reason that the devs and testers don't have problems is normally because they're all running the same version and they methodically go about running the product. Whereas when I get a new toy I do stuff that wasn't done in testing therefore breaking the product (unintentionally of course).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sorry guys. Should've been a little clearer. What I meant by users fault is that different setups with different addons, different hardware, different ways of installing etc are the major cause, not the fact that it's the person sitting at the computers fault.

Oh Dear Oh Dear as right !!! Today must be International Troll Day on the forums !! LOL.gifMoney%20Eyes.gifShocked.gif
+1LMAO.gif

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Ok understood. It's just that a lot of people come and say "darn you people it's all your fault this or that doesn't work." I run a lot of other programs, ie my PC is not purely an FSX rig. I run the print server, all the software/drivers for that, multiple networking programs, internet browsers, SB4, Track IR, Teamspeak, etc etc... all of this is running normally while I run FSX, then I have issues sometimes. Is it related to the excess stuff I run? Most likeley... but it's not fair to assume all users should run plain jane vanilla installations of Win7 and FSX.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Meh...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |