Sign in to follow this  
dfreemanfso

Any one running 3 monitors...How's performance?

I have three monitors with TH2G. I'm loading up the NGX and getting between 10 and 15 FPS in VC mode at FSDT's KDFW. This is at a major add on airport with REX, GEX, and all that good stuff. I set my traffic down to 0 to see if that had any effect and it really didn't. When I go to a singe screen my FPS jumps back up to above 25. I have FSX optimized according to the manual. I hope I can get some better frames out of this. I wonder if this was beta tested with VC three monitors? Is anyone else using three screens with the VC and how's your performance? Dave Win-7 (64)i26K OCd to 4.4GTX 580 superclocked graphics

Win 10 (64)

i7 8700K OC 5.1 GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z370x

i7 8700k OC 5.1 GHz

GTX Titan XP

I'm using 2 gtx580's to run 3 monitors in surround & a gt520 driving an accessory touchscreen monitor.Ngx vc @ fsdt's kdfw with Rex runs between 15-30 with an undocked cdu on the 4th monitor & fsc running.I7 2600k @ 3.4 (still installing/tweaking so no oc till that's done). Before replacing a fried motherboard I was getting 18-35 with a 2500k @ 4.6ghz.No aircraft traffic. Ground/water traffic at 40%, all sliders to the right except low2x water.Edit: similar to you, I've found that settings don't really affect framerates on a vc spanning 3 monitors all that much. I use the antilag limiter set at 40, so with the undocked cdu I get a somewhat steady 15-20 on the surround displays & accessory monitor. I may drop it down to 30-34 to see if that smooths out some of the stutters. It's flyable at the moment, but a little smoother would be nice

Hi guys! Could you provide pictures from running NGX on the 3 screen setup. Being just curious here. I'm planing to do the same at some point in the future after I upgrade to 2600K too...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Hi guys! Could you provide pictures from running NGX on the 3 screen setup. Being just curious here. I'm planing to do the same at some point in the future after I upgrade to 2600K too...
I'm out of town for the week but if you dot mind waiting send me a pm & I'll send some this weekend. All my stuff is just sitting on the floor though, because I haven't had time to build a new desk. I don't even have my yoke or pedals in the same room right now...

I'm running it on 3 screens, and while my FPS is rather low, it's totally smooth, so it's not too much of a bother. I also did a complete reinstall of my OS and FSX when I installed the NG, so I'm still getting my .CFG back to where I want it. At Flightbeam's KSFO I'm getting 10-13 FPS, and hitting my limited 23 FPS when I'm in the air. I've got TrafficX set to 40%, REX2OD, and ASE and RC4 running in the background. I honestly think ASE and RC4 are crushing my performance, so we'll try using a networked PC soon. Also, as the other guys in this post have said, I don't see a huge difference in performance when I alter settings. I think the strain of running a huge resolution is the limiting factor for FPS in this situation.That said, completely smooth, even if a bit low on the FPS side.

I am using TripleHead2Go. On my system, with full graphic sliders (no traffic and ASE running) and FPS limiter set to 30...I mostly always hit the 30. On the ground, in a complex scenery , at night with bad weather it could fall to below 20 for a fraction of a second (worst I ever seen was 15).if someone can tell me how to post pictures I would gladly show you my system.BestKarim

I use ati eyefinity across 3 monitors, actually i have 4 monitors but 1 is used for flight sim commander. Performance is pretty good, it doesn't seem to have an impact being spread across 3 screens. It does seem to make a difference with the quality, the textures (even at 4096) look streched. I can provide you with pictures and video if required, FSX is not the ideal for 3 screens, it was never designed for the high resolutions used and it shows, games like Deus Ex human revolution, Crysis 2 et-al all run perfectly and smoothly.

Ian R Tyldesley

I am using eyefinity across three 24" inch monitors. For me performance has been excellent, which was a pleasant surprise. In the past I would have a small spot plane view open as well, but I am no longer doing this to increase performance, and I am finding that I am starting to prefer this too. The only time i do see a hit in performance is when i am around a major airport like YSSY or Tokyo Handeda for example. But overall I am pretty happy. I have had a couple of freezes, which is not really performance related, however, I found a temp work around for this until a comprehensive patch comes out. At the same time i always use real weather with REX, Track ir and alot of Orbix scenery. I realy cant say that I have found any drawbacks with the eyefinity system, but as you may know and as many others say too, FSX is all about your CPU power. Ill post a few screen pics too, to give you an idea of how good it looks. It realy is worth the investment. Besides monitors are becoming so cheap these days. Cheers, NicholasB

I think typcially, 737ngx has so much going on, that low FPS is kinda the norm. I fly other planes and get 20 to 50fps, and with 737 it ranges from 7 to 21. I have two monitors running with two GTS-250's. I am sure if I upgraded to a new video card it may improve some, just working with what I have at the moment. Don

Don P

System Configuration

------------------------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

i7-950 (3.06Ghz)

12 gigs DDR3

2 - 500 gig Hard Drives

2 - Galaxy GTS-250 1 gig Video (SLI)

FSX, Acceleration, FS Global 2010, FSceneX, REX2/Overdrive, GEX 1.095, UTX.

PMDG 747X, 737NGX // CS B707, B757, 767, C130, B52 // LVLD 767

FS9, SP1, FS Global2010, FSceneX, AS6.5, FSNAV, GEX Pro

I had some kind of memory problem tonight. There were no stutters and everything was smooth, but on my way out of FSDT's DFW with UT2 I got a 20 second stop. The sim just froze and then restarted started again. It happend again on climb out. I shut off all UT2 traffic and things went smooth until New York. Then I got the dreaded fatal error over long Island going into LGA. For some reason my NGX is very unstable right now. However, I just installed UT2, so maybe that is causing the problem, although I set the traffic pretty low as I said above. More tweaking to be done. I'd hate to not be able to fly this airplane due to crashes.

Win 10 (64)

i7 8700K OC 5.1 GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z370x

i7 8700k OC 5.1 GHz

GTX Titan XP

My system is running very smooth with framerate locked to 24.This is due to the fact that my home airport is AS Schiphol and that there are many lakes and canals in that area. For best effect I use Hattrack. Here some screenshots ( resized to 25% )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

performance is great at a resolution of 3840x1280

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

some more ..

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

that's it for now

Antoine v Heck
---